• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

music fanedits

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've recently done an edit of Peter Gabriel's "Not One of Us" - partly to make it fit the credits on my "The Hidden" edit, partly to make it slightly less trippy and just tighten up the structure. 

Being a listener of progressive rock, it's not uncommon to come across a 30 minute epic that's a little too indulgent. I've often thought of editing some down, but not gotten around to it yet. 

I know that there are a few fan-edits of Yes' Topographic Oceans on YouTube, though none really did it for me. Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, who remixes a lot of classic albums, did his own cut of that album as well.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as I know, there isn’t a version of the Beatles song Let It Be that does away with the Phil Spector wall of sound production like on the Naked album, but still retains the grittier guitar solo featured on the Let It Be album.

Top Bottom