• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Music "Fan Edits?" Eminem - Encore [Redone]

M4_

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Before I started doing video editing I was big into music stuff (part of the reason I'm obsessed with audio mixing in my edits) but I thought I'd share one of my favorite projects I made a few years ago. Essentially, it's the same concept as a movie fan edit. Something was officially released that I felt like could be "re-edited" and improved, purely for my own enjoyment. But instead of a movie, it's a music album. Hope this is the right place, and also curious if anyone else has attempted something similar!

I'm sure you all know of Eminem and I quite enjoy some of his older albums, which I listened to growing up (not that I'm that old, but still). One of the defining points in his career was when he released Encore in 2004, which is when people started to say he fell off as there was a sudden drop in the quality of his music from his first three classics. Not only this, but Encore was somewhat of a rushed album because several songs leaked before the album came out, causing last minute changes (which I will be un-doing in this project).

Official Tracklist:
W81F98E.png

As a listener may notice, the tracklist contained lots of last minute lazy songs which lacked any substance, that he clearly made in response to songs being leaked. The overall goal here is to make some small adjustments to the album in order to make it more serious (focusing on its political, family, relationship themes more), better paced (not so many silly songs in a row), and overall a more re-listenable project.

Songs Removed:
- Big Weenie - Satirical diss track, adds nothing of value to the album
- My 1st Single - Satirical track filled with gross sound effects and no valuable content
- Ass Like That - Comedic story song with silly accent

Songs Added:
- We As Americans (With the President line uncensored seamlessly) - Political track about his probation situation and criticisms of the law/government
- Come On In - A D12 track, solid rap, references beefs
- Love You More - Track about abusive relationship with ex-Wife
All 3 of these songs were leaked in 2003, about a year before the album was meant to come out. They have now been re-inserted.

Songs Edited:
- Evil Deeds: 1st verse has been seamlessly cut. It was too repetitive to lead off the album.
- Puke: Puke sounds removed, pushed to bonus tracks (not shown in screenshot). Ricky Ticky Toc is also still a bonus track.
- Rain Man: fart sound effect removed
- Just Lose It: Fart SFX cut, "Pajama time" line cut, and silly outro cut by using the instrumental & acapella as resources.
- Em Calls Paul (skit): Trimmed down to remove foul sound effects and his rant about MJ's music video, does not contribute to the album.
- Album outro turned into a separate skit
- Slight re-ordering done with new tracks added
- All transitions redone if applicable, including several cross fades

All edits to songs are done seamlessly. This is much more easy to accomplish in music compared to movies, as first off it's only one medium (audio), but also, rap beats are not as dynamic as movie soundtracks and I don't have to worry about blending different music together, each song here is self contained.

Redone Tracklist:
Echun2V.png

So there it is, if you ever feel like checking out a 15+ year old Eminem album but slightly refined then feel free to PM me.

The album now hones in closer to its more serious themes, both with the addition of new tracks, and also the editing of some silly songs to downplay the comedy - it now takes itself seriously. The buildup to the surprise outro I think is also better by now letting it stay in a separate outro "skit" (similar to The Eminem Show) and with the edits done to one of the preceding skits.

Cool...for a moment there i thought you were talking about making music video edits. I've done a few of those over the years and its a real good way to learn editing skills as a beginner.

Reactions: M4_
Cool...for a moment there i thought you were talking about making music video edits. I've done a few of those over the years and its a real good way to learn editing skills as a beginner.
I did that too once. Made the video use the uncensored version and I also removed one of the verses which required some basic video editing. This was when I was like 15 lol, good times.

Encore was my first obsessively playlisted album, thanks to it being super sloppy after the leaks. I've still got an Encore playlist but it's spliced with D12 World as a Shady label album (cause they're both patchy imo). I don't think any of those tracks are edited but I do that also in some cases, and I have playlists for quite a few Eminem albums. A strange thing to have in common, but I salute you ha

Reactions: M4_
Back
Top Bottom