• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Muppet Christmas Carol: The Scribbling Cut

The Scribbling Man said:
Could you link me to it? I can only find the song as part of the soundtrack.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/the-muppet-christmas-carol/id206329718

That's the link to the UK internet listing... it doesn't show anything about itunes extras on the US or UK stores on the webpage but if you view it in the itunes app itself, it should list details (click the "view in itunes" button).

At last glance it was on a really good sale in the US store, so hopefully it still is in the UK as well.  (I can't see the price because I already bought it.)

Just throwing this out there....

If you won’t get this done and released in time for Christmas as you planned, maybe release as is and then plan to do an EXTENDED cut of your vision which you could include the Belle song. Then, just phase out your original.

musiced921 said:
Just throwing this out there....

If you won’t get this done and released in time for Christmas as you planned, maybe release as is and then plan to do an EXTENDED cut of your vision which you could include the Belle song. Then, just phase out your original.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. As I said, the edit is done (and the form has already been submitted). I will revisit it when I can and have a source for Belle's song.

The Scribbling Man said:
Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the Penguins Christmas Skating Party?

I guess I don't think of it much at all. It doesn't move forward the plot or enhance the themes; I guess its only point is to add some humor and fun character interaction with Gonzo and Rizzo, and also to show off some amazing puppetry techniques (i.e., Kermit and Gonzo both visibly skate across ice in such a way that no puppeteer could be below them).

But I've had that song from a Muppet compilation CD for years, and there's an instrumental bridge at that point, and it didn't occur to me at the time that it was something that could be taken out. I think you're making a valid choice. 

It's a shame that there's no footage other than "When Love is Gone" that you could add back in (that I'm aware of). There are additional songs for Sam the Eagle and for Bunsen & Beaker on the soundtrack, as well as extra verses in "Marley and Marley," but as far as I'm aware these songs had already been cut from the film for length before ever getting filmed. Maybe the footage will show up someday! (Or maybe it's on the DVD, and I'm just a dope who missed them.) ;)

The Scribbling Man said:
Can't believe I never noticed until recently, but this looks so much like Beaker is giving Scrooge the finger

Legit. I used to watch this with my parents every Christmas Eve. Beaker's FU is one of my dad's favorite little moments.

Not long finished watching it, absolutely seamless edit, full of the Christmas spirit now!

I can confirm that the UK iTunes HD download does indeed include Belle's song in the package. I'll almost certainly purchase it at somepoint and redo the edit in HD as well as incorporating the missing song. 

Since it's no longer Christmas, it's quite tempting to leave it until next year - Unless there's a bunch of peeps weird enough that they'll watch festive movies all the year round? 

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Something to look forward to next year... I thought I might do Die Hard 2 next year but a rewatch confirmed its just rubbish not worth the effort

Sinbad said:
Something to look forward to next year... I thought I might do Die Hard 2 next year but a rewatch confirmed its just rubbish not worth the effort

Is Die Hard 2 set at Christmas as well? It's been years since I saw it.

Sinbad said:
I thought I might do Die Hard 2 next year but a rewatch confirmed its just rubbish not worth the effort

I agree. Though I haven't yet seen the most recent film in the series, Die Hard 2 is the worst of the lot IMO. That said, @"elbarto1" made a pretty damn good edit: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/die-hard-2-terror-storm/

elbarto, wherever you are, we miss you dude.

yeah christmas eve exactly the same, but its too rubbish to be considered a christmas film too

i will give it a watch out of curiousity, looking at the cutlist he cut some of the worst offending moments. While Die hard 4.0 is plainly ridiculous and Mcclane has marvel level physical abilities shoot me but I think I prefer it  to DH3

I like it a lot too but i think it jumps the shark a bit once Mclane shoots out the sewer system.I know Dh4 was just as daft but Dh3 had prepared me for it. Also the whole chopper phone line thing was a bit of a weak ending imho. Have you seen the alternate deleted ending scene with the bazooka swivel on the table Throw?

Sinbad said:
While Die hard 4.0 is plainly ridiculous and Mcclane has marvel level physical abilities shoot me but I think I prefer it  to DH3

Consider yourself shot.

im hijacking your muppets thread scrib so i can balance out my die hard thread strewn with your muppets AR problems haha :)

Sounds like a silly question, but would you update this edit with the some what recent release of the "Love is Lost" song?

Disney finally put out the uncut theatrical version on D+ containing the long-lost song. Your edit sound great and I wouldn't miss the penguins, but I would love the missing song back in!

^^ it has been on my mind to do an HD update with that song added back in, it's just been a case of time and availability of the material :) It won't be something for this year unfortunately, as I'm just too busy. Hopefully next year!

Back
Top Bottom