• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Muppet Christmas Carol - longer Marley & Marley from syndicated TV version

TK-421

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On YouTube, there's an extended version of the song Marley & Marley from The Muppet Christmas Carol. I can't post a link because I'm too much of a lurker, but its title is "The Muppet Christmas Carol" (1992) - "Marley & Marley" RARE EXTENDED VERSION!

This pretty much matches the version on the OST album: the intro has more of Dickens' original dialogue, and there's the extra “now it's time to part” verse near the end. The video's quality isn't great, and the other versions on YT seem to be reuploads of that same copy.

According to the video description and various wikis, this is from an old syndicated TV version. I don't know if this version had any other changes. Does anyone know where I can find either this extended song or that whole version in better quality?

Trying to search for this version is frustrating because there are a lot of “extended versions” out there which simply reinstate Belle's song “When Love is Gone” to recreate the 90s home video edit. To the best of my knowledge, no official home video version has ever included the extended Marley song, though I'd love to be wrong about that.

Last edited:

Baenwort

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't know there was more missing than "When Love is Gone" which until recently only existed on the Laserdisc version (it can now be found as a HD extra on the Amazon Video copy).

Have you tried requesting it on the MySpleen forums? This is the kind of thing they love to hunt down (rare VHS only stuff).

Top Bottom