• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Multi-Angles crash DVD Architect Pro 6

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been trying to prepare a Blu-Ray project with multiple angles for the main feature.  Attempting to prepare the Blu-Ray ISO results in Architect 6.0 crashing.  Even creating a fresh Blu-Ray project with different files - any files - for the two angles will result in the exact same crash.  I am able to create multi-angle DVDs with the software without incident.  Here's the problem report that the crash generates:

Extra Information
Problem Description
   Application Name:    DVD Architect Pro
   Application Version: Version 6.0 (Build 237)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\DVD Architect Pro 6.0\dvdarch60.exe
   Fault Address:       0x006751D7
   Fault Offset:        0x002751D7
Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\DVD Architect Pro 6.0\dvdarch60.exe
   Process Version:     Version 6.0 (Build 237)
   Process Description: DVD Architect Pro
   Process Image Date:  2012-10-16 (Tue Oct 16) 17:56:44

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ugg, that stinks. I have no experience with multi-angle discs, and I still haven't rendered out a Blu-ray from Architect (I've been having trouble pinning down exactly what AVC specs are needed to avoid re-encoding).

Are your video streams MPEG2 or AVC?

Are the streams BD-compliant, or does Architect want to re-encode them?

Where in the process is the crash occurring?

Have you tried rendering your project with just one of the angles (trying twice, using a different angle each time)?

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:

As in, for output?  I've tried both.  Same result.

Architect will re-encode any multi-angle title regardless of file format.  I've tried Blu-Ray friendly  avchd, mpeg-2, as well as Lagarith lossless, even NTSC-DV AVI.  Not just for this project, either - any kind of multi angle Blu-Ray setup will kill the program during preparation.  Even setting the second angle to the exact same file as the first angle produces this problem.

Immediately after I click "finish" in the blu-ray prepare menu.

Have you tried rendering your project with just one of the angles (trying twice, using a different angle each time)?
Yes.  While I haven't let either run to 100% completion, both appear to function as intended.  Rendering commences, approximate times are being computed, no crash whatsoever.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

As in, for output?  I've tried both.  Same result.

I meant input, but this is helpful too

matrixgrindhouse said:

Architect will re-encode any multi-angle title regardless of file format.  I've tried Blu-Ray friendly  avchd, mpeg-2, as well as Lagarith lossless, even NTSC-DV AVI.  Not just for this project, either - any kind of multi angle Blu-Ray setup will kill the program during preparation.  Even setting the second angle to the exact same file as the first angle produces this problem.

But it doesn't re-encode this project if you only have a single angle?

matrixgrindhouse said:
Immediately after I click "finish" in the blu-ray prepare menu.

Well, there's a quick f*ck you from Architect... Interesting.

I honestly don't know what the problem is. It's interesting that it happens immediately after clicking "finish." You should contact MAGIX about it and see what they say.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
But it doesn't re-encode this project if you only have a single angle?
If it's AVC or MPEG2, it does not re-encode unless I set them to for disc optimization purposes.  

Well, there's a quick f*ck you from Architect... Interesting.

Well, at least they're prompt about it!  I'd rather have it fail at 0% than after however long the re-encode process would take!

And no sooner does this problem surface that my free upgrade to the new versions of Vegas and Architect arrive!  Let's see if Magix has already worked out the bugs...

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sweet. I'm anxious to hear all about the new versions.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well.  Architect 7 has the same problem with multi-angles.  And my trick to get it to use additional memory won't work on this version, so it can't even open my big project to begin with.  Glad I'm keeping 6, at least.  I'll contact support, see if they can help.

Top Bottom