• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Mrs. Doubtfire trailer cut as a horror film

Haha, that was really good.

Robin Williams makes a good psycho. This would have been so much better a film than the original

I kinda like the original. Watched it a few weeks back actually, but the trailer is awesome!

Very well done indeed. Music truly does change the tone of a film. :lol: There's plenty of other "X recut as a X film" trailers online too.

Haha that was awesome.

Frantic Canadian said:
Very well done indeed. Music truly does change the tone of a film. :lol: There's plenty of other "X recut as a X film" trailers online too.

Yep except for the amateur voice over work, the trailer for Taxi Driver recut as Romance movie is pretty damn good as well.

Frantic Canadian said:
There's plenty of other "X recut as a X film" trailers online too.

Yeah, I remember back in 2005 seeing The Shining recut as a trailer for a father-son bonding film. I thought it was real and that some idiot Warner Bros. exec decided the movie should be recut. This the e-mail I wrote to my buddy about it:

Warning: VERY Foul Language Contained Within
Dude, have you checked out Aint It Cool News? Did you see the supposed Shining "Redux" trailer? What the fuck is that? What queer ass fucking rapist piece of shit asshole kissing titty fucking ball sucking dick licking prick fingering pussy bumping nipple pinching clit poking ear raping communist motherfucker thought of this? Much love, Neg

Once I realized it was a fake trailer I slapped myself for being so dumb.

Neglify said:
Yeah, I remember back in 2005 seeing The Shining recut as a trailer for a father-son bonding film. I thought it was real and that some idiot Warner Bros. exec decided the movie should be recut. This the e-mail I wrote to my buddy about it:

Warning: VERY Foul Language Contained Within

Once I realized it was a fake trailer I slapped myself for being so dumb.

I don't think "VERY" is the word you're looking for. I think "Extremely" would fit much better. :lol:

neglificent!

This thread is now rated R.

ratedr.jpg

ROTFL!!

Yeah, I love re-cut trailers. In addition to The Shining one, I saw the Big trailer recut as a horror movie (That Zoltar machine really was pretty scary), and a Christmas Story trailer recut as a psychological thriller about a little boy who snaps ("All he ever wanted was a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas").

Never saw those ones, let me see if I can find em. :)

EDIT:

I don't know if these were the ones you saw, but they're pretty damn awesome.

Those are both very funny. But, alas, NEITHER of them is the trailer I'm thinking about!

I just watched 3 or 4 more trailer parodies on YouTube for both of these, and I can't find the ones I'm thinking about. So frustrating!

Big wasn't an urban thriller. It was an out-and-out horror movie all about the creepy Zoltan machine.

Christmas Story specifically had words something to the effect of "All he wanted for Christmas . . ." on the screen at one point. And after all the mayhem, over the Christmas Story title, we heard the Chinese restaurant people singing, "Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra!" (That demented choice may have been the masterstroke.)

I'm very aggravated that I can't find these. Oh, well. Here's the famous recut Shining trailer to cheer me up.

Not only is this funny, but it's inspirational to me as an editor, showing that with some imagination, you can turn the footage from any movie into almost anything you like.

All awesome, with editing and changing music it is amazing how can make a film look and amazing how if a trailer is done badly it can screw up the success of a film. I always remember George Clooney saying that he was disapointed how they marketd Out of Sight as an action film.

Back
Top Bottom