• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Mr White (A Breaking Bad Fanedit)

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr White: A Breaking Bad Fanedit

71BgHBi.jpg

Original Running Time: 346 Minutes

Fanedit Running Time: 117 Minutes

Time Cut: 229 Minutes

Time Added: 2 Minutes

Tagline: Yeah Mr White, Yeah Science!

Fanedit Type: TV-to-Movie

Genre: Action/Comedy

Intention:
To make a feature-length movie out of my favourite TV show "Breaking Bad".

Cuts And Additions:
Not a single frame of this edit is unedited so it would be hard to name every single cut of this edit. But these are the main changes in this edit.
- Custom made opening movie credits.
- Trimmed Captain Cook
- Trimmed First Cook
- Added Season 5 Ozymandias Flashback
- Removed Walt telling Skylar that he is buying weed of Jessie
- Removed the whole mask subplot
- Removed the Janitor subplot
- Removed the whole sweat lodge subplot
- Custom made montage of Walter and Jessie breaking in.
- Custom made credits using Radiohead's "No Surprises".

The Opening Scene:

This edit is now on ifdb and is available to watch upon request!

The Sequels:
Mr White Part II: Phoenix

Last edited:

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Editing this scene is hurting my head
What does everyone else think ?

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If this turns out well, do you plan making more for the next season(s)?

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:
If this turns out well, do you plan making more for the next season(s)?

If it turns out well and people like it, i may do season two.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ive improved the opening scene
Here it is now

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This may be actually impossible ive edited 5 episodes now and it is 2 hours and 30 minutes. mathematically if i carry on this way it will end up as 3 hours and 10 mins. although this is with only scenes cut no trimming,

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's not so bad, to be honest. But, yes, if you spend the time to trim scenes down then I bet you could get the time down to a more reasonable number.

You also just might not be cutting that liberally, cutting <1hr out of ~4hrs is pretty good, but I think you may be able to cut out some more scenes.

Whatever, looking forward to seeing it either way!

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:
That's not so bad, to be honest. But, yes, if you spend the time to trim scenes down then I bet you could get the time down to a more reasonable number.

You also just might not be cutting that liberally, cutting <1hr out of ~4hrs is pretty good, but I think you may be able to cut out some more scenes.

Whatever, looking forward to seeing it either way!
Thanks for your kind words on this edit, I was gonna originally cut the whole elliot story out of it as in my opinion that was a low point through Breaking Bad but the story would be hard to progress without it so i left it in.

A few scenes are in my mind that I could still cut out though sooo you never know although i dont wanna cut to much out as Breaking Bad is such an amazing show there isnt much to cut out

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ive finished my first rough cut with just cutting scenes and no trimming at just over an 3 hours and a half, i can easily get that down to a REASONABLE watch time after some trimming.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, I gotta confess. I haven’t seen Breaking Bad.

However, I started watching it a few days ago, and am now on S2E11...

I certainly underestimated how much could be cut from the show. No clue what you’re up to, but if I were doing this, the best thing to do would be to simply remove entire subplots/“side-quests” as long as they don’t squander the narrative.

I can’t speak on it too much because I’m not sure what will “come back” or “connect” in future seasons, but I think it would be feasible to remove some of the content without messing with character development and plot too much.

This might be a strange way to put it, but if you tried visualizing the narrative as a line, there are certain loops/knots in it; something happens that stunts narrative (or at least the *advancement* of narrative), it gets worked through, and the characters end up without much progress made.

While this show is damn near perfect in not wasting time, I think *these* moments are where to cut stuff from...I can’t think of specifics because I’ve been on this show like meth, but if what I’m saying isn’t clear, I’ll skim through and look for some examples.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has any progress been made on this @"SonofSinbad"? Is it ready for a workprint review? I’d love to check it out!

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:
Has any progress been made on this @"SonofSinbad"? Is it ready for a workprint review? I’d love to check it out!

After my last render my PC kinda just overheated. I'll have a look later if it works i will pm you with further information.

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
After my last render my PC kinda just overheated. I'll have a look later if it works i will pm you with further information.

Did you manage to render in the end? I'm interested in seeing what you did, and I don't think 3+ hour runtime is a problem. I think it'd be too hard to cut any more than that, Breaking Bad is just too good a show.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heavysyde said:
SonofSinbad said:

Did you manage to render in the end? I'm interested in seeing what you did, and I don't think 3+ hour runtime is a problem. I think it'd be too hard to cut any more than that, Breaking Bad is just too good a show.

The edit is complete but my PC is properly screwed ill try and see what i can do.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can a mod please archive this project, this edit is pretty much done but I can't access the old edit but when I do access it I will reopen this up.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread re-opened again.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had to erase my whole entire hardrive so I have to now start this edit from scratch.
I remember the edit being quite rough anyway so hopefully this time around it is better.

Here is the new opening to the edit.

I have now made the edit into a normal cinema scope to fit the style as a movie as the original was shot in 16:9.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is me trimming down the first time you get introduced to Pinkman
- Trimmed the NDA searching the house.
- Trimmed the inside of the house.
- Removed Jessie falling off the roof.
- Trimmed Jessie getting away.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread placed back in In-The-Works at the editor's request.

Top Bottom