• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mr. T's Be Somebody - Fully Remastered

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
By OmegaMattman

This is a project I completed about a year ago...which I've just now gotten around to uploading.

I fell in love with this 80's gem about 10 years ago, when I stumbled across it in an old video rental shack. Mr. T's Be Somebody...Or Be Somebody's Fool may be one of the most insanely, unintentionally funny videos on the planet.

Sadly, any VHS-to-DVD conversions I found online were waaay over-compressed and sourced from less-than-stellar VHS tapes. So, I finally did my own.

This DVD preservation was authored from 2 VHS copies of the program. The bulk of the hour-long feature is from my original ex-rental tape. That tape had fantastic sound and good picture, but one brief section of damage. That portion (about 20 seconds) was replaced with footage from a factory-sealed copy I picked up on eBay. Initially, I'd hoped to use that "new" VHS for the entire project, but it turned out to have more damage and worse A/V than my original.

This DVD preservation also includes the rarely-heard Commandments album by Mr. T as a special bonus.

Specifications:
DVD-5
NTSC, 29.97
4x3 Full Screen
English Stereo Audio (Flagged for 2.0 Surround)
Commandments album
No Subtitles

10575537.png

11498365.png

67347672.png

The screenshots don't actually look much better than the version that was made avialable on 'spleen a couple years ago. Have you compared versions?

I was thinking the same :)

Back
Top Bottom