• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Mr. Robot

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm thoroughly enjoying this show.

Just read a pretty mindblowing theory online concerning the show. So seriously do not read because if its true its a giant spoiler.
Seriously, last warning, potentially major spoiler.
Christian Slater/Mr. Robot is a figment of Elliot's imagination kinda like Fight Club style.

Is anyone else watching it?

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been meaning to watch this. Maybe I will soon. Looks pretty good.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm, I had never heard of this show. I'll have to check it out.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone else watching this? I'm up to date and currently rewatching every episode that's aired so far. Really good show IMO.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm almost caught up. Best new show in my opinion.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This past episode certainly had some interesting revelations. I expected it to go one way and it went in another. Kudos to the writers for not going for the cliche

Having Slater and Malek being the same person

Plus the second revelation with Darlene... nice.

I'm going to be sad when this season ends. I am thoroughly enjoying it and don't want it to go away.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been digging this show. Last episode was particularly good.

The twist was a nice touch. They were definitely setting up a twist to do with Elliot's schizophrenia early on, but they smartly eased off that so as to not provoke any lucky guesses. I too am glad that they avoided the conventional and went for something that I can't say I've seen before
as in forgetting family members not making surprise father and sister revelations, obviously those have been all the rage since 1980 and 1983, respectively.
Most importantly this will have some very interesting repercussions. Excited to see what happens.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is it just me, or do you guys get a strong Fight Club vibe from this show?

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Are you freaking out?"

Yes, yes I am.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Major spoilers for the penultimate episode:

I'm pretty disappointed. I've been trying to rationalize that the show is still awesome. But part of the appeal I think is that everyone was hoping it wasn't a Fight Club twist and it was something else. I was really hoping Mr Robot was real and the dad faked his own death etc. it would have been really interesting. (if you can look past Christian Slater hardly aging between those photos and the flashback to the present.)

It could be argued that the reveal in this week's episode was more about Elliot and not about the audience. The audience had a hunch from the beginning about this twist, so it wasn't really supposed to be a *gasp*/"aha!" moment for the audience (in the way the Darlene reveal was). It was about Elliot learning what we knew or at least suspected all along. "You knew all along, didn't you?"

Regardless, I'm a bit disappointed.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you, dudes, for keying me into this show, which is majorly fucking aweshum. am six episodes in.

acting is great, except for maybe darlene's overacting. only once in a while the script devolves into abstruse geekspeak that loses me, but most of the time the hacker bits are suspenseful.

it gives me the juicy juicies that the evil corporation is called evil corp., and i fucking dig that enron's corporate logo (enron was as evil as they get) has pretty much been recycled for the show. iron mountain is a real company, and they used "steel mountain" as another corporation's name and hopefully aren't getting sued for it. allsafe sounds like a real company's name; digging the irony there.

and. . . "i eat lunch." that line was delivered perfectly.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked this show. It started off a lot like Dexter - the inner monologues, the vigilantism, the whole outsider trying to put on a cover to fit in with everyone else -
and then took the Fight Club-like twist that absolutely everyone was expecting, right down to the whole Project Mayhem elimination of debt aspect.
They handled it beautifully -
"I am Mr. Robot. But you already knew that" and even the use of The Pixies Where is My Mind was a nice touch.
It would have been nice to find out what actually happened to
Tyrell, who really reminded me a lot of Patrick Bateman.

All in all it was a brilliant amalgamation of three of my favourite things from the last 15 years or so -
Fight Club, Dexter and American Psycho.
I actually hope it's just a one-off series. I don't think we need another season.

Incidentally, the creator mentioned that he had originally envisioned the story as a movie - might be an interesting opportunity for a TV-to-Movie fanedit.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been renewed for a second season. Expect new episodes in 2016.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished this about a month ago, meant to write something, but got caught up in the sluggish Dick adaptation.

One aspect I particularly appreciated was the photography throughout Mr. Robot.
Especially all the odd angles, or tucking someone's face off into a screen corner
or shooting a character as an after thought against a featureless background.
Really a smart, subliminal way of diminishing an individual, totally in keeping with the tone and concept.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fucking loving this season so far.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
Fucking loving this season so far.

Juicy. I like to let a few build up and binge them. I'm VERY excited to see how Ismael treats the revolution.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How are you guys enjoying S02?

I'm waiting for the season to finish before deciding to commit my time.
The early buzz has faded to silence.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
How are you guys enjoying S02?

I'm waiting for the season to finish before deciding to commit my time.
The early buzz has faded to silence.

Im liking the second season so far.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still haven't started it yet but I did just finish the mobile game, which was a ton of fun. My wife asked why I was stressed out the other evening and I went on about how the tech I'd blackmailed into installing a patch couldn't get it done and his superior was questioning my work order, all the while I'm on an ID I conned to get admin privileges and it was all falling apart.

She thought it was hilarious that I could get that into a text-based game. Took me about four days of a lot of fun (you don't control the tempo) and cost a couple bucks, so it was worth it to me.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's very good so far.

Posted from my portable device using Tapatalk

Top Bottom