• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

MPEG Streamclip Dropping Frames

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, I've been trying to use MPEG Streamclip along with Perian to convert mkv files into ProRes for editing. Im not converting the audio, just the video. It mostly works just fine but I've noticing dropped frames in certain sequences that weren't present in the original file. If I repeat the same process, the exact same frames are dropped. Any idea what's going on here?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you editing in MPEGSC before exporting? Or using the program only to convert, then editing with another program?

The reason I ask: MPEGSC's editing function is idiosyncratic. It'll drop a single frame or include an unwanted frame based on where you place your endpoints, so I would test with a short clip so that you can learn how MPEGSC does things.

if you're only converting (not editing) with MPEGSC and getting dropped frames, then I'm afraid I don't have a solution for you.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nope. Only converting. I'm editing in Adobe Premiere

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You could try pavtube to convert your source to prores. There are several different products with similar features; the trial versions are fully functional, iirc, though they place a watermark on the video.

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which version of PavTube should I get? They look to have a bunch of different products on their website. I purchased BDMagic a while back but I tried to open it and I don't think the version I have works with the latest Mac OS because it crashes on startup.

Top Bottom