• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

MPEG preview is "slow" not smooth

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I demuxed my IFO using PGCDemux. I then remuxed using Imago MPEG Muxer. When I loaded the MPEG into Womble and played the video, i noticed the video seems slightly "off". I'm not sure how else to describe it. Its not exactly stuttering but the motion is not completely smooth. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and if the final exported product won't have this stuttering. Or if there are any possible fixes other than trying to demux and remux again.

Never had this problem... why did you remux in the first place?

I want to try editing the muxed file instead of the separate streams

Sounds like the usual slight degradation you get when viewing/editing video in womble.

Is it markedly worse than other video you have edited? have you saved a small section and viewed it to verify it's Womble causing the problem?

I usually experience stuttering while previewing a project in womble to some degree. But whenever i export the project it always looks fine.

nOmArch said:
Sounds like the usual slight degradation you get when viewing/editing video in womble.

Is it markedly worse than other video you have edited? have you saved a small section and viewed it to verify it's Womble causing the problem?

Its not horribly worse, the video quality is fine other than this slight stuttering thats going on. I will try saving a small section and viewing it to see how it looks.

If you have made your video progressive (23.976) e.g. by removing pulldown flags, then you might see that slight stuttering. It is always better to edit in 23.976 rather than 29.97, but I have noticed that Womble does not play 23.976 footage as smoothly as 29.97 in the preview window. I have no idea why this is the case.

Apart from that, I agree with Rogue and nOm. Some stuttering is normal in Womble's preview window. As long as it is not present in your exported file, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are concerned, export a small section of the video and see how it plays. If the stuttering disappears, all is well.

Back
Top Bottom