• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow. I didn't expect my thread to receive so much attention, nor did I expect it to make such a positive impact on the community. And to think this all stemmed from a simple misunderstanding between krausfadr and two well-known staff members.

I must confess that what Darth Kermit said before Frink shut my thread down is true. Fanedit.org, at its core, is thriving with "positive reinforcement, encouragement, and genuinely good criticism and feedback for edits". I guess I let the aforementioned incident get to my head. Granted, it did result in something we could all agree upon, but at the same time, I should have looked into the situation a little further.

DominicCobb told me through DMs this past summer that I have been a pain to pretty much everyone on the site, and honestly, I can't argue with his incentive. I've occasionally forgotten to brush up on the rules, whined about a certain project not going the way I would have liked, and even showed hostility towards a few members of the forums. I've been focusing on the negative side of things for so long that it's beginning to make me think I should jump ship already.

I guess I'm just scared of being judged for my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom