• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Movies where the narration/voiceover feels nonessential?

With the exception of Blade Runner, I agree with the rest of this.
:LOL: I had a feeling this might not be a popular opinion. In Blade Runner the narration gave some good meaningful detail about society, the people, language etc that the film on its own wasn't able to convey. That's why I like narration in some films, especially a slow burner like Shawshank. It can sometimes be clumsy and overwhelming to try and convey the information through the storyline itself.

The thing about Blade Runner is the narration fundamentally changes the movie. I’d argue it’s a completely different genre with the narration. It’s fine to prefer that BtW.

Mickey and the Beanstalk
Whether it's Edgar Bergen in the original or Prof. Ludwig von Drake in the standalone version.

The opening narration with Dr. Schreber's voice at the beginning of Dark City (Theatrical Cut).
Dark Cities is the only movie I can think of off the top of my head where I prefer the director's cut to the theatrical, the removal of this being one of the reasons.

Back
Top Bottom