• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Movies that you think would be interesting with a new score

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi gang!

After now completing a rescore of Ladyhawke, I've been just pondering what other movies would be interesting to see with a new score (not because I'm thinking of tackling another rescore, but because I'd like to get a discussion going). For example, I've wondered what the original Night of the Living Dead would be like with a more synth-like score. Think less 80's slasher and more atmospheric like It Follows.

I've also wondered what a neo-noir film like Drive would be like with a more 40's-50's sounding slow jazz soundtrack.

Just some random thoughts.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Almost any modern score for me. I suppose the best candidate for me, personally, since I love the movie but not the score, is Inception. Though I doubt that many besides me are clamoring for a re-score of that one.

And I think it would be cool to see elements of Toto’s and Eno’s Dune score incorporated into the 2021 Dune when it’s released.

Last edited:

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
James Bond's Goldeneye: Eric Serra's score has aged very poorly. Replace it with Michael Giacchino's score for The Incredibles.
Unfortunately the blu-ray doesn't have a clean center channel.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Robocop 2, Rosenman's music is laughably bad and not even suitable, especially when compared to Poledouris; work.
But its central channel is not re-scoring friendly unfortunately. I gave up as soon as I've taken a listen to it.

Every Star Trek movie without Goldsmith music could better WITH Goldsmith themes.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Perhaps Masters of the Universe. I recall the last time that I watched it I thought that it sounded like it was trying too hard to sound like Superman. For the opening, perhaps it could use a more bombastic rendition of the cartoon theme. I can't remember if the score throughout the movie is like that, but the opening at the very least should be more unique.

2003's Daredevil, I watched one edit that attempted some recording, but then it left in "Bring Me to Life" and a few other awfully dated tracks. It could use a full rescore. Freddy vs Jason is similar in that regard.

Joker needs a Limp Bizkit soundtrack, though I'm already working on that.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I LOVE that soundtrack lol! I wish I could transport it to a different movie, but I have no idea where it would go.
Is that soundtrack actually good? Whoops, I need to watch it again, I guess it's been a while.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't imagine there is a movie which would need Limp Bizkit soundtrack :p
It started out as a joke, but I'm rollin' with it. It may make some people want to break stuff, which I get, it's not great music. But I think it's fun to listen to from time to time, and I find the idea of scoring a movie with it to be hilarious. You do things your way, and I'll do things my way... Something something Nookie.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is that soundtrack actually good? Whoops, I need to watch it again, I guess it's been a while.
I mean, it’s def a Superman ripoff, but I can hear some of the Star Wars influences as well.

Mako

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dune (1984) with the Dune (2021) Hans Zimmer score

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
2021 Dune with 1984 Dune score would be interesting. Don't know if I'd like it, but sure would be an interesting exercise. And, no, I don't have the skills to try myself.

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was thinking of rescoring The Place Beyond the Pines, so that it forms a Gosling synthwave trilogy of sorts along with Drive and Only God Forgives. I had a playlist ready, largely based off Themes for an Imaginary Film by Symmetry, but never went through with it in the end.

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think that a lot of older films with slow paces could benefit from a modern rescore.

As a side note, I think the Dollars trilogy (which by no means has a modern score) would be a lot slower and tough to sit through without that amazing score. They're still great films regardless, but the score really keeps you invested in what's going on, where as I might lose interest in another film of the same era which has a more traditional score, or none at all.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Perhaps Masters of the Universe. I recall the last time that I watched it I thought that it sounded like it was trying too hard to sound like Superman. For the opening, perhaps it could use a more bombastic rendition of the cartoon theme. I can't remember if the score throughout the movie is like that, but the opening at the very least should be more unique.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THIS is what I'm talking about! Perfection! Now I'm tempted to bust out my copy, put this in, and see what else can be done with this movie... Maybe some other day.
To be honest, the recording used in that video sounds rather cheap, almost like a MIDI sequence. If it were to be done, I'd use one of these newer, much better ones:

Urban Monitor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ROBOCOP 2. The Leonard Rosenman music always felt inferior as the original from Basil Poledouris

I have a future project to rescore it with BASIL POLEDOURIS music from Robocop 1 and 3, but I kind gave up when I realized the music is present in every track (at least in the 5.1 MGM DVD). It should be an easy project but I realized I had to recreate all the SFX from some scenes and I kind of gave up. If anyone wants to make it feel free to use this idea.

Top Bottom