• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Movies That Should Have A Sequel (inspired by SonofSinbad's thread)

You talk as if the original Independence Day was better than just passable.

ZZDDo8Hl.jpg

musiced921 said:
bionicbob said:
TARZAN!!!

Which one?  I was definitely hoping for a sequel to Legend of Tarzan

Yes a sequel with Skarsgard and Robbie, as I loved their chemistry.

But a sequel for me must meet two conditions:

1.) Do an actual adaptation of one the 20 plus novels by ERB....

...and 2.)  No fracking CGI animals or green screen jungle!!!!  

:D

bionicbob said:
...and 2.)  No fracking (...) green screen jungle!!!!  

:D

Agreed,  it would be way easier to do blue screen since you could have green/dirt smeared on to the skin without the chroma key picking it up.  

:p

Possessed said:
You talk as if the original Independence Day was better than just passable.

You talk as if Resurgence was better than just abominable.

That's actually the opposite of what I'm talking like.  I'm talking like the franchise as a whole isn't good.

Of course it isn't good. But Resurgence makes the original look like The Day the Earth Stood Still. That's how atrocious a sequel it is.

Sorry if this post was out of line, I meant nothing by it.

flaminio said:
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

The movie ends somewhat open ended, and there are many books in the series it was based on.

Yeah, they wanted it to be a series, and Russell Crowe still occasionally posts online trying to drum up fan support to pressure the studios for a sequel.

asterixsmeagol said:
The Golden Compass. But at least we're getting a new version from HBO soon.

Oh, god no.  That movie was an abomination.  Because it didn't get a sequel, we now have a chance for the story to be properly told on HBO.

There is one above all that springs to mind.

My childhood love.

The Road to El Dorado.

tumblr-omq070y0-Hy1u2kbfco2-250.png

CHiPs (2017) should get a sequel. Dax Shepard and Michael Peña should return as supporting players, but Rosa Salazar and a new female partner should be the main stars. (Now that Agents of SHIELD is done filming, Chloe Bennet would be a great pick.) Salazar could be revealed to be bi, allowing her to romance Kerry Bishé's Scrubs doctor. Michelle Rodriguez could reprise her S.W.A.T. (2003) role, now revealed to be Salazar's cousin. Chloe Bennet's character could be the little sister of Fast & Furious' Han Lue. That's right, I'm building up a CHiPs Cinematic Universe here. :D

bionicbob said:
JOHN CARTER OF MARS!!!
THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN!!!
THE PHANTOM!!!

Absolutely. I'd also add: GODZILLA (1998)!!!

I genuinely enjoyed the human interest story and appreciated it's comedic tone. I've watched it more times than I care to admit and still move it. Is it high cinema? No, but it sure is good fun and that's what I wanted. Godzilla (2014) was fairly compelling but it lacked the charm and the er giant lizard that its 1998 predecessor had. As for it's sequel King of the Monsters. That film was a fantastic love letter to the Japanese film lore but one that was dragged down by its human characters and their plotlines.

Malthus said:
bionicbob said:
JOHN CARTER OF MARS!!!
THE PHANTOM!!!

I genuinely enjoyed the human interest story and appreciated it's comedic tone. I've watched it more times than I care to admit and still move it. Is it high cinema? No, but it sure is good fun and that's what I wanted. Godzilla (2014) was fairly compelling but it lacked the charm and the er giant lizard that its 1998 predecessor had. As for it's sequel King of the Monsters. That film was a fantastic love letter to the Japanese film lore but one that was dragged down by its human characters and their plotlines.

giphy.gif

Buckaroo Banzai needs all the sequels.

Gaith said:
tumblr-omq070y0-Hy1u2kbfco2-250.png

CHiPs (2017) should get a sequel. Dax Shepard and Michael Peña should return as supporting players, but Rosa Salazar and a new female partner should be the main stars. (Now that Agents of SHIELD is done filming, Chloe Bennet would be a great pick.) Salazar could be revealed to be bi, allowing her to romance Kerry Bishé's Scrubs doctor. Michelle Rodriguez could reprise her S.W.A.T. (2003) role, now revealed to be Salazar's cousin. Chloe Bennet's character could be the little sister of Fast & Furious' Han Lue. That's right, I'm building up a CHiPs Cinematic Universe here. :D

I have to admit I love this idea, despite having no interest in seeing the original.  Have you watched Undone on Amazon?  Rosa Salazar is phenomenal, the series is phenomenal, and I now want to see her in everything.

^ No, I only know Salazar from Alita: Battle Angel and the excellent series Man Seeking Woman, but I agree she is absurdly charming. :)

Malthus said:
bionicbob said:
JOHN CARTER OF MARS!!!
THE PHANTOM!!!

But there was a sequel.

And it was a vast improvement on its predecessor.

Back
Top Bottom