• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Movies That Never Should Have Had A Sequel

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gortat said:
Ok, then we go straight to Home Alone 5
Wait there's a fifth one?
I can't even imagine how bad that would be.
gortat said:
Terminator Judgement Day
I personally love the 3rd one, In my opinion it's not as bad as everyone says it is.

Its way better than any of the new ones. Although I haven't watched Dark Fate yet.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Secret of NIMH, I can only imagine how bad the sequel is.

gortat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen T3 and Salvation only, third one wasn't really bad, but unnecessary, ending with 2 was enough for me

Ah, forgot about Transformers. Really hated 5

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
gortat said:
I wish no sequel for:

[...]

Batman Returns

The Schumacher films are so visually/tonally different from the Burton films that I can't see them as honest sequels. They're a soft reboot of the series, Michael Gough and Pat Hingle notwithstanding.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
gortat said:
Ah, forgot about Transformers. Really hated 5

Transformers shouldn’t have even had a firstquel.

The first one is decent but the rest are literally a wreck.

Y'all forgetting about Bumblebee, friggin love that movie!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Toy Story 3 should never have had a sequel.  Not that Toy Story 4 is an outright bad movie, there's just no justification for it.  You couldn't have hoped for a better ending than TS3, and it made for a flawless run.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mnkykungfu said:
Toy Story 3 should never have had a sequel.  Not that Toy Story 4 is an outright bad movie, there's just no justification for it.  You couldn't have hoped for a better ending than TS3, and it made for a flawless run.

Nah I love Toy Story 4 that one's another perfect ending to me :)

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surprised to see no one has mentioned Donnie Darko in this thread yet.

I'm a sucker for a movie marathon so I rather enjoy sequels even the bad ones. With that said there are few that I enjoy as much as the originals and even fewer that I prefer over them. For me Aliens is an example of a perfect sequel. Not only does it satisfyingly continue the narrative but it successfully manages to do so while doing something genuinely different. The film switched the franchise from outright horror to action. I remember James Cameron went as far as describing it as a war movie. It felt fresh and familiar at the same time. Sadly  most sequels try to do more of the same and inevitable fail to recapture the magic.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
There's a Donnie Darko sequel?!

Not really. It's a direct to DVD movie called S Darko about the now-teenaged former-little-kid sister Samantha on some road trip, no returning actors and she's the only returning character.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as Jake Gyllenhaal movies, I can do without Spider-Man Far From Home.

Kauppila

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Amen to this. I remember watching “Highlander 2, there should have been only one” in the theater and having seen a dozen things that should have been left on the editing floor (trampolines, booms, etc) and the story made no sense and was not even in the right vein as the original. I’m a huge fan of the first movie and a fan of the tv show but even the movies after we’re lackluster at best. Highlander 3, the Apology

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

I know it's part of a grander overall story, but damn was this movie so enjoyable with a sweet ending.  Then, Crimes of Grindelwald really took things to a darker place and it felt way too heavy for the colorful adventures of Newt chasing down fantastic beasts.

Top Bottom