• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Movies So Bad They Are Good

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Riki-oh: The story of Ricky
Stupid stuuuuuuuuupid movie, but damn it is some enjoyable stupid. Horrible dubbing, nonsensical story, filled with so many WTF moments. The special effects of this movie are something to behold.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
Stupid stuuuuuuuuupid movie, but damn it is some enjoyable stupid. Horrible dubbing, nonsensical story, filled with so many WTF moments. The special effects of this movie are something to behold.

One of the few occasions I would totally recommend the dub over the subtitled version. It's just so much funnier.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This isn't exactly what I was looking for, as there are a lot of poorly regarded movies that I like without thinking of them as so bad they're good. I just genuinely like them. There are some though, like Spider-Man 3, where I admit that it's a mess, but it's my favorite because it's so ridiculous, fun, and memorable. I guess that makes it so bad that it's good. Same with X-men Origins Wolverine. But then something like Green Lantern, I genuinely think is really good. I'm not going to make a separate thread just for that though.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frankenstein Created Woman is so weird it's amazing.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Fateful Findings" was the first one I watched. I'm not sure if I'm biased but I think that one's the funniest so far. I also watched "Pass Thru" and "Double Down", but I haven't seen "Twisted Pair" or "I Am Here... Now" yet.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kull the Conqueror......Kevin Sorbo....'nuff said  :)

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I agree with Frink.  When I think of "So Bad It's Good" movies, I think of films that were playing it straight and didn't know that audiences would react the way they did.

I feel like there needs to be a different category for movies that absolutely knew they were venturing into cheese territory, and leaned into it.  Maybe they'd be Cheesy-Good Movies?

Neglify said:
Obvious ones:

Point Break

The Last Dragon

I think they knew exactly what they were making with those last two, I'd call them Cheesy-Good.

g1orkatsos said:
-Battlefield Earth. Stupid, stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid movie, but quite fun. Travolta's over the top performance is so enjoyable

This would definitely be in the "So Bad It's Good" territory, because I don't think they knew what they were making.  Except that this movie was horrible, just horrible.  I couldn't even enjoy how horrible it was.

Neglify said:
A Fistful of Yen

A Fistful of Yen is a parody, right?  Aren't they aiming for cheese?

g1orkatsos said:

This one, too, I think they absolutely knew how cheesy they were being, and they leaned into it hard.  I think they accomplished what they were going for in spectacular fashion, so I'd just call it Cheesy-Good.

Maybe some other So-Bad-They're-Good films...?

Conan the Destroyer

The Ice Pirates

The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai
I doubt anyone will have heard of this one, as it's fairly obscure even in Japan.  If you don't understand Japanese then unfortunately I don't know where you can see the film or trailer, but as the images above indicate, this movie is out there.  Read up on it if you're brave.

Top Bottom