• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Movie Studio 13 Platinum constantly crashing

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been having a lot of issues with Vegas crashing lately. No specific error messages or anything, just the "Vegas has stopped working" dialogue. I had figured it was because I had too many active effects on the main track (color correction and so forth) but disabling them doesn't seem to have solved it.

My only other idea is that the file format I'm using (which is a *.ts. I know I know, I should be using lossless *.avi, but I wanted to try the smaller filesize+higher resolution). Is that a possibility?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
I've been having a lot of issues with Vegas crashing lately. No specific error messages or anything, just the "Vegas has stopped working" dialogue. I had figured it was because I had too many active effects on the main track (color correction and so forth) but disabling them doesn't seem to have solved it.

My only other idea is that the file format I'm using (which is a *.ts. I know I know, I should be using lossless *.avi, but I wanted to try the smaller filesize+higher resolution). Is that a possibility?

Just a random idea but do you have sampling disabled on all your video clips? Sometimes Vegas goes a little wonky when it's set to "smart resample." You'd probably see framerate weirdness if this was the problem, but it can't hurt to check. If your projects and sources are all the same framerate, then smart resampling shouldn't do anything but it really shouldn't be on unless you're slowing or speeding up a shot. However, it is set to on by default. If your source and project are different, it would be resampling all the clips, which combined with effects can be a burden. There's an option to match project settings to a video file. I always do that to my source and disable resampling on each clip in the timeline unless it's necessary.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just did that. I'll see if that makes any change. Is there any way to have that off by default? It's not a hassle to turn it off, but I feel like it's something I'd easily and often forget to do.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
Just did that. I'll see if that makes any change. Is there any way to have that off by default? It's not a hassle to turn it off, but I feel like it's something I'd easily and often forget to do.

Yes and no. Vegas doesn't want to make an option for setting it off by default, or doing it across a whole project. But people have made scripts which will accomplish both of those things. So there is a way, it's just not official.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Yes and no. Vegas doesn't want to make an option for setting it off by default, or doing it across a whole project. But people have made scripts which will accomplish both of those things. So there is a way, it's just not official.

Heh, you could almost say they fan edited it.:p

Top Bottom