• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Motion Menu Question - Rendering Video

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm toying with the idea of a motion menu. I've looked over boon's excellent guide, so I understand how to go about it. My question is about creating the short clip. I'm using Womble. The clip I am using is a montage of short bits of scenes, and there is a crossfade/dissolve between each of the short bits. I think I remember reading on here, that Womble fades often result in bad quality. I will still try it out and then render the motion in DVD Lab Pro and see what the result is, but just curious if there any other recommendations for a program to use to made the video I will be using for the menu.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you're cutting it in womble, thats fine, just dont render the video in womble. frameserve to another encoder (I'm pretty sure womble can do this. womble users please chime in).

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
if you're cutting it in womble, thats fine, just dont render the video in womble. frameserve to another encoder (I'm pretty sure womble can do this. womble users please chime in).

When I finish up my full fanedit, I'm assuming the same thing goes - i shouldn't render the movie in womble? (im referring to hitting the "red dot" record button and not the "DVD" button).

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you've applied effects and crossfades, and other sorts, then you dont want womble to encode it. If you have just straight video cuts, then let womble do it - thats the one upside to womble, smart rendering. it won't encode it if you didnt do anything to the frame, just copy the stream.

Top Bottom