• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Morrigan Presents Batman Forever:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really, really like "Batman Forever. " This fan-edit makes better, even better, Not every iteration of Batman needs to be grimdark, and while this version it takes some liberties with the source material, it works. It’s an original take on Batman with some glorious lunacy, props, lines and scenes. It should never be conflated with the horrible "Batman and Robin." I would take it any day over recent studio junk like "Wonder Woman 1984," the paint-by-numbers blandness of "Captain Marvel," "X-Men: Apocalypse" or "Iron Man 2” or awful TV shows like “Batwoman” or the live-action Teen Titans. The problem with “Batman Forever," though, is it got mangled by the studio leading to some dangling threads and odd transitions. It still works, but it’s a bit off-kilter. This edit is not an effort, like the "Red Book" fan-edit, to change the tone. What it really does is complete the story effectively, while -- in my view, wisely -- retaining the overall visuals and over-the-top feel and dialogue of the original. I don't think the original can or should be changed into something more grimdark or Burtony, and this is probably the closest we can get to the fabled Directors Cut. There are, of course, some issues with the quality of the additional scenes, which might be more apparent in a 1080 version, and it may just be me, but some sound edits seemed a bit jarring in the later part. But all in all, my new go-to version. Nice!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom