• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Morrigan Presents Batman Forever

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations Morrigan, welcome to our humble little club. :p

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right now it doesn't seem to have made it on to IFDB, but I assume the hardworking mod/admin team here just haven't had a chance to get to it yet - which is totally understandable given how much they have to manage at any one time.

In the meantime, this edit is officially released and available via PM!

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right now it doesn't seem to have made it on to IFDB, but I assume the hardworking mod/admin team here just haven't had a chance to get to it yet - which is totally understandable given how much they have to manage at any one time.

In the meantime, this edit is officially released and available via PM!
Is your BD50 release still in the works?

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is your BD50 release still in the works?

It's still on the to-do list, but I haven't had time to work on this or any other edit of late due to my uni workload. So it's definitely coming, it's just a matter of my getting the time to really sit down and polish off the things I want to include. If I go on too long without being able to get it out, I'll consider just rendering out a 1080p release to fill the gap while I work on the full blu-ray release.

For now they're both on the 'when it's done' release schedule, so I do apologise if anyone is really hanging out for it, but I want to make sure that I have the time to do the little extra bits and pieces (like the alternative audio track) as well as possible.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's still on the to-do list, but I haven't had time to work on this or any other edit of late due to my uni workload. So it's definitely coming, it's just a matter of my getting the time to really sit down and polish off the things I want to include. If I go on too long without being able to get it out, I'll consider just rendering out a 1080p release to fill the gap while I work on the full blu-ray release.

For now they're both on the 'when it's done' release schedule, so I do apologise if anyone is really hanging out for it, but I want to make sure that I have the time to do the little extra bits and pieces (like the alternative audio track) as well as possible.
Right. Still looking forward to it very, very much!

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After watching your carefully restructured cut a couple of times over, I can safely say that this sits well at a solid 10/10 from me. Granted, the transitions are far from perfect, and you did the best to your capabilities with the sound mixing for the deleted scenes, but the placement of those integral missing scenes blend well with the rest of the film. These clearly shouldn't have been cut from the final product as they add so much to the narrative and wouldn't have added much to the overall runtime as the scenes we were ultimately left with on the two-disc DVD special edition box set amount to a mere fourteen minutes. My favourite deleted scenes will always be Two-Face's escape from Arkham, Bruce's dilemma, and especially the notorious "Red Book" scene. When added back in, these scenes alone show what the film was originally intended to be: an introspective look into Bruce's repressed memories over the death of his parents and his guild over inadvertently causing their deaths.

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am back at the coalface attempting my bonus features and some minor technical revisions on this cut ready for a 1080p release. Progress is gradual, so I'll update here as I go, especially with regards to the Elfman rescore alternate audio track (which I've resumed to dial in some audio editing skills for my future PR17 edit.) I've smoothed a few of the transitions based on feedback in the main audio mix, and so the 'v1.01' of the edit is practically complete, and I've probably rescored a third of the film for the alternate audio track.

I'm not sure what the timeline is going to be on the alternate audio, so I'll see about a regular 1080p release first. In any case, just a small update for now and I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date if there is anything new to report.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, everyone! I'm back from my two week suspension. Me and Dominic got into a scuffle over a past incident on the Discord server, resulting in some unforeseen circumstances. Everything has been cleared up now and I'm ready to return to the forums with a brand new attitude! ^^

Any updates regarding the project, @morrigan? :)

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't planning on making a post about this, but there've been a few folks in my PMs asking after it despite my previous post, and I thought it would be easier to just say it once here.

The blu-ray I was planning on putting together (including a few bits and pieces like an alternate audio track) is at this stage not going to happen. I was tinkering with those bits and pieces for a while, but I've had less and less time to edit lately and I've decided to focus on something new instead of releasing this same edit again with some bells and whistles. I have a 1080p render available for anyone who wants to upgrade from the previous release, but the only change is a higher-quality render. There's a chance I'll come back to Batman Forever at some point, but it's not a priority for me at this point.

Feel free to PM me for links to the current release!

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats on your first submission to the Academy, morrigan! What can we expect in the coming months with regards to Batman Forever, particularly the alternate audio track? 😀

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, my God. I literally checked morrigan's last post right as I was posting mine (heh, 'post'). Sorry for not getting caught up. What are you gonna do when you're banned for a month, though? 🤷‍♂️

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just wanted to thank @Jax20 and @boazz750 for their very nice reviews! I really appreciate hearing what people think, and getting feedback for any future revisions as well (and it doesn't hurt that they were both very positive, so thanks for that as well!) I am glad to hear my edit is hitting largely in the way I intended, so thanks for letting me know what you thought. And thanks to everyone who has reached out via PM both to watch or to share feedback, I really appreciate hearing from everyone.

(Quick sidenote re: some pronoun usage in the reviews: I am actually a woman!)

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Talking about the colour correction of Motleys Fanedits Forever cut made me think about this little alternative version of the Arkham Escape that I tried out during the early stages of planning this edit. So, for academic/archival purposes, here's my early take on that scene as a sort of preview of what I'd want to put out as extras. The sound effects aren't finished properly, and the blue-filter bleeds into everything (had I pursued this further I would've tweaked the filter and masked out the skintones for starters) but hopefully it gives an impression of the different tone I was going for the first time around.

(password: fanedit.org)
I never thought I'd say this, but the blue filter reminds me an awful lot of Jamie Demeter's fan edit from 2008. To be honest, that's another BF fan edit that desperately needs an HD remake — arguably even moreso than scaperat's Red Book Edition! :LOL:

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm curious as to how you restored the deleted scenes. Did you use Topaz AI for the most part?

Top Bottom