• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Morrigan Presents Batman Forever

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where can I find Spleeter?
Google is your friend. There's a bunch of different implementations, you're going to want to do some research and figure out which one is going to best for your needs and hardware capabilities.

In other news, here's that other preview I mentioned. This time a rescore of the Beauty and the Bat scene. As always, sound effects aren't final, and any feedback would be much appreciated.

(password: fanedit.org)

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to ask, where did you find that footage of the Riddler's hat?
It's from a fan film.

I don't want to be rude, but are you at all interested in the content of my edit? Ever since you started your Batman Forever edit all you've done in this thread and in PMs is ask for my methods or my ideas and once you just straight up asked for me to do the work for you on some footage. I don't own any of the methods or ideas I'm using - we all stand on the shoulders of giants when we fan edit - but I'd really appreciate it if I could keep this thread for feedback. If something here inspires you, great. If you want to watch my edit for inspiration, PM me for the links. I'm even up for the odd question about editing tips or good footage finds, and there's a great technical forum here where you can ask more involved questions. I don't mind the occasional curious inquiry, and I like to help people out when I can, but lately I'm just feeling less like I'm getting feedback and more like you want a how-to on editing this movie.

I hope that's not too petulant, but I'm just focused on getting this and my other edit up to Academy standard right now.

Last edited:

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, of course I like your work. Can I help it if I'm curious?

I'm sorry if that seems to be an issue with you. And I don't recall asking you such thing.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Google is your friend. There's a bunch of different implementations, you're going to want to do some research and figure out which one is going to best for your needs and hardware capabilities.

In other news, here's that other preview I mentioned. This time a rescore of the Beauty and the Bat scene. As always, sound effects aren't final, and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Great work here, the new score blends perfectly well with the scenes, (I'd keep the sound FX more or less the same, there's only so much you can do with bleeps), thanks for sharing.

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great work here, the new score blends perfectly well with the scenes, (I'd keep the sound FX more or less the same, there's only so much you can do with bleeps), thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I'm not planning doing a total sound effect rewrite, but since I originally built the sound mix in that scene for a much more intense soundtrack I think the ambience sounds a little empty. So if this bonus feature becomes something I can finish, then I'll rebuild that ambience to feel fuller. But I'm glad the track selection works for that scene.

Last edited:

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's another sample of the bonus audio track. I'm not certain about this one, I am definitely going to consider different tracks. It's actually an interesting challenge rescoring without doing any visual edits - there are places here where if I could just shift the visuals slightly I feel I could line it up much better, but instead I'm trying to re-edit the track or choose a new track to try and make it fit.

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thinking about covers and posters, for my Two-Face cover I'd like something with similar energy to the Riddler cover I already posted, but most of the promo images feature Tommy Lee Jones front and centre, and I already have him on the back cover. So I was thinking something like this might make a nice cover image, might need some editing to make it look less like a frame from the film and more like a logo, but I think it should work.

pf2iW7J.png

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am not having much time to work on my other editing project lately, but every now and then I jump into Vegas and pick a scene to try rescoring for my alternate audio track for this edit. Here's another sample of such a scene - this time the Arkham Asylum/Batsignal finale. There's a bit of an audio artifact at the start of the clip from the previous scene, rest assured that is due to be fixed when I get around to rescoring that scene, and there are some sound effects left to add.

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Y aspect ratio?
Oh, whoops. Looks like I didn't double-check my render settings for this quick preview render, you can disregard the aspect ratio change for this preview, it won't appear that way in the final release.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay. I think the rescored clips are works of fine art! Especially since I've figured out how to download Spleeter.

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay. I think the rescored clips are works of fine art! Especially since I've figured out how to download Spleeter.
Thanks! Not really sure what the latter has to do with the former, but I appreciate that the rescores are working out.

I'm pleased enough with my progress that I'm putting the rescore on my to-do list for the BD release, although I'm not considering it a core part of this release, so the final version currently awaiting approval by the academy is still my final cut.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got the chance to view the extended edition on Saturday last week, and needless to say, I was left very impressed. The narrative choices in regards to restored footage were well integrated into the final film, and the scenes themselves add a great deal to the film as a whole. The audio and visual transitions could use a little tinkering, but otherwise, I'd say this is eligible for documentation in the database!

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got the chance to view the extended edition on Saturday last week, and needless to say, I was left very impressed. The narrative choices in regards to restored footage were well integrated into the final film, and the scenes themselves add a great deal to the film as a whole. The audio and visual transitions could use a little tinkering, but otherwise, I'd say this is eligible for documentation in the database!
Thanks very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

I'm waiting for academy feedback before I commit to a BD/1080p release, but I really value all constructive feedback as a way to work toward the best possible result.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

I'm waiting for academy feedback before I commit to a BD/1080p release, but I really value all constructive feedback as a way to work toward the best possible result.
Any more clips you have prepared in regards to the rescored edition?

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not at present, I'm at the pointy end of semester so I'm quite busy, and I'm still hanging out for some in-depth feedback on the edit before I start committing too much to that final BD release - including any alternative audio track, which will obviously have to match the frame-for-frame timings of the final cut in order for the alternative audio to fit. But stay tuned, once I get academy feedback I will proceed apace.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations, @morrigan! I'm so proud of your crowning achievement! I'll be looking forward to that BD50 release soon! đź‘Ź

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry for the wait, but this edit has now been officially approved by the Fanedit.org Academy!
gFRWmoz.gif
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback and support!

I'll be looking forward to that BD50 release soon! đź‘Ź
I will start working away on that, but it might be a minute while I work on some other stuff as well. But it's definitely coming! Stay tuned.

Top Bottom