• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Moonraker Plot, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moonraker Plot, The:

Been a while since I watched the original so was coming into this with a clean-ish slate.
I had forgotten how silly it all was but bravo to MusicEd921 for eliminating my main gripe of the 'Jaws in love' sub-plot. Now Jaws is restored to being the formidable foe of TSWLM, being manipulated by Bond out of self-interest but rightly meets his comeuppance. I thought the cable car scene seemed to end rather abruptly but can't remember the original, so can't say if there was something that had to be cut there.
Gondola chase - didn't even notice it was gone!
Scene where Bond follows Goodhead again seemed like it jumped but don't know why.
Fight scenes mostly poor - not much can be done with what's available.
Speed boat chase was good although it felt like it belonged in a full re-edit rather than a fanfix. I'd like to see more of that though; can the pedestrian original be edited in a modern style?
What else...nothing really stood out; watching it again did make me realise how sloppy the whole original production was. Essentially it was TSWLM in space done to pander to the Sci-Fi mania of the day. The craziest thing is that in 1979 it was the number 1 worldwide box office draw so who are we to argue!
All-in-all good edit. Makes a poor movie a little more serious and faster paced but it's impossible to eliminate every stupid scene.
Now, on to View to a Kill...

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/moonraker-plot-the/discussions/9000/

Back
Top Bottom