- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
I also wanted to remove the 2 stupidest jump the shark moments from the film. Jaws having a girlfriend and the gondola-hovercraft in St. Marks square. To tone down some of the other silly gags, but to still keep the tone of Moonraker fun and lighthearted.
List of changes:
- Replaced pre credits scenes with pre credits Skiing scene from A View To A Kill. The replaced scenes have been moved to later in the story.
- Removed Beach Boys song with John Barry music and added some sound effects.
- Replaced the start of the opening credits with a small part of A View To A Kills opening credits as Moonraker starts with circus images and images of Bond parachuting which are no longer relevant without those scenes preceding it.
- Added credits for myself and for John Glen as the director of A View To A Kill.
- Added title MOONRAKER AN UNLOVED SEASON
- New title song "Bang a Gong" by T. Rex. The original tilte song is on an alternative audio track.
- Space shuttle hijack has been moved to right after the opening credits.
- Inserted a London MI6 exterior shot from A View To A Kill.
- Bond now enters directly into Ms office. The Moneypenny scene and the scene where M asks Moneypenny if Bond is back from the African job are not in this cut.
- Took out shots of Bond using a camera that has 007 written on it.
- Trimmed comedic shots of gondolier sinking after his gondola is cut in half by a speed boat.
- Gondola hovercraft in St.Mark's square has been cut. A new ending to the Venice gondola speed boat chase has been created using footage from the first scene where Bond is seen in Venice. Bond now pulls up to the dock, gets out, takes a look back at his pursuers and then casually walks away.
- Jump scare in Goodheads hotel room has been removed.
- Trimmed Jaws shocked reaction when his cable car is about to crash.
- Removed Jaws girlfriend Dolly.
- Removed a shot of ambulance passing a product placement sign.
- Replaced the MAGNIFICENT SEVEN theme and replaced with a John Barry track from Thunderball. I was inspired by "The Moonraker Plot" by faneditor MusicEd921 which used the same track here. Added sound effects to this scene.
- Moved skydiving sequence to after the monastary scene.
- Added music track from On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
- Removed shots of Jaws flapping his arms in skydiving scene.
- Removed Jaws breaking speed boat steering wheel.
- Removed various shots of Dolly on the space station. In shots where she still appears with Jaws I hope it comes across as she works for Drax and is assigned to give Jaws a guided tour similar to how Corinne Dufour gives Bond a tour of the Drax estate earlier.
- Added a neck snapping sound effect when Jaws grabs one of Drax's guards by the face.
- Removed Jaws reunion with Dolly. Repurposed some of the footage to show Jaws looking for the docking release system to help Bond.
- Removed Bond saying “Don't worry they'll make it. It's only a 100 miles to Earth.”
- Removed Nasa guy saying they picked up 2 survivors, a tall man and a short woman.