• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Moon Knight

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So has anyone else watched this series? I'm not as analytical and critical as many here, so won't get deep. But that said, I found this to be an interesting entry to the MCU library. The internal struggles of the main character almost drive the series more than the superhero-fights-evil-bad-guy plotline. The season finale was both riveting, eye-opening, and tragic. Really digs deep into some tough issues.

The season finale dropped? I won't have access until Wednesday!

Guess I jumped the gun by a couple of days. :LOL: That last episode sure felt like a finale. Can't wait to watch today's episode now (I see S1E6 now available).

So I saw a movie length edit but a STF78. It obviously cut a lot (especially the Afterlife stuff) but worked as a condensed version as I was never going to get my spouse to sit through another Marvel TV series.

Has anyone seen other fanedits and have any of them turned out good?

Has anyone seen other fanedits and have any of them turned out good?
#staff
Discussions of ideas is permitted, but since this show is not available to own, discussions on actual fanedits are not permitted.

MOON KNIGHT (Disney Plus)
0qdODXom.jpg

Disappointing.

While a strong production, the character presented bares little resemblance to the hero I grew up loving. Gone is the dark, urban avenger in the tradition of The Shadow or The Spider, and instead we get a light comedy action show about mystical dissociative identity disorder.

The suit looked cool but I did not the enjoy comedic twisted versions of Steve Grant or Khonshu. Disney had a chance to do something really interesting here, something darker and edgier but instead went the safer route. Makes me nervous for their announced Daredevil relaunch.

In the end, a decent enough show but just not about the Moon Knight I like and prefer.

Last edited:
@bionicbob nothing that a good fanedit can't fix? Or is it a lost cause? From your experienced perspective.

Last edited:
@bionicbob nothing that a good fanedit can't fix? Or is it a lost cause? From your experienced perspective.
Oh I think there is enough good stuff for a fan edit if one was so inclined.

My issue is I don't really care for this interpretation of the character(s). It is so far removed from the originally conceived character from the 80s and 90s, I don't even recognize him. So for me, no fan edit can resolve that issue lol.

Devil's advocate, but there is more to Moon Knight than the original run. There's also Ellis, Lemire, and Mackay's recent run.

Devil's advocate, but there is more to Moon Knight than the original run. There's also Ellis, Lemire, and Mackay's recent run.

Very true.

That is why I said "For Me".

Long running comic book characters are constantly being rebooted, and for every new generation there is a new incarnation.

For me, that incarnation is the era of writers Doug Moench and Chuck Dixon. That is my Moon Knight.

I have checked out issues of the various new versions of Moon Knight over the years, some I thought were okay, most not so much.
The version where Moon Knight starts taking on personalities of different heroes and their powers has to be the lowest of lows for me.
A great idea for a character (uh... Crazy Jane, anyone?) but that is not Moon Knight to me.
Then again, for my tastes, recent writers have become far too fixated on the mental health side of the character, often telling stories that feel more exploitive and sensational than informative or entertaining.

This is partly because I am of the belief of respecting the Sandbox. Most modern writers are deconstructive, preferring to tear apart the Sandbox and leave the toys all over the playground when they are done.
Sometimes this works, most times it just leaves a mess for the next writer to clean up.
And I admit, deconstructivism was very exciting as a reader in the 80s and 90s. But now, it just feels tired and lazy to me.
If a writer wants to do something "bold, new and exciting", then I would much prefer the writer create a new character rather than tearing apart an existing one just to fit their vision. But I also realize comic book companies are about making money, and at the end of the day, it is far easier to rebrand an already recognized character than risk launching a new one.

Wow! I must sound like a raving grumpy old fanboy!!!! 🤪 :ROFLMAO:😁

Don't get me wrong. I don't fault anyone if they love the newer incarnations. That is great! Whatever brings new readers to the magic of comics.
Every reader/fan has their version of a character that they fell in love with, and that version will always exist in back issues and can never be taken away. :love:

The series for me is bad. Disney just loves to make these beloved Marvel characters act like buffoons. They made Thor a clown, now Moon Knight too. If they could have just patterned how Jeff Lemire took on the different persona of Moon Knight's alter-ego it would have been excellent, but no... They just had to make Steve Grant a comic relief.

They are forcing comedy into every character. They need to stop it. Moon Knight isn't Deadpool or Spider-Man.

Binge watched this series yesterday. I enjoyed Oscar Isaac's performance and how they used his split personality to create misdirection as to whether the whole thing was in his head or if what we were watching was actually happening. The CG was pretty poor and the Egyptian hound/werewolf thing was overused. Still, I found myself enjoying this and thought they did a decent job in their dance between humor and seriousness. Because it never took itself too serious, the humor and antics never felt over the top. This felt like it was trying to channel a tamed Deadpool approach. 6.75/10

Back
Top Bottom