• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Mission Impossible II - The Spence Edit

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats Spence! You managed to do in a month and a half what I couldn't in two years :) Hats off to you on accomplishing this edit!

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats Spence! You managed to do in a month and a half what I couldn't in two years :) Hats off to you on accomplishing this edit!
It was extremely difficult but managed to get there! I'm open to a version 2 if anyone finds any major sound issues. I personally found it to be fine but I've also been listening to it for 2 months straight!

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it is an excellent edit. I'm not a huge fan of the Mission Impossible series of movies. My main issue is with Tom Cruise trying to play a James Bond type character. I did really enjoy the third one because of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I didn't care for this one before watching your edit.

The changes that you have made in your edit have made this movie far more enjoyable.

Last edited:

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it is an excellent edit. I'm not a huge fan of the Mission Impossible series of movies. My main issue is with Tom Cruise trying to play a James Bond type character. I did rely enjoy the third one because of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I didn't care for this one.

The changes that you have made in your edit have made this movie far more enjoyable.
Just for your knowledge, I didn't change much between the preview version and the one I'm releasing. Just better video quality and tweaked a few sound levels.

Thanks for the feedback!

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also, I'm going to render out a full Blu-ray sized version of this. The copy that I have available now is more than good enough, but if anyone is a purist let me know.

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also, I'm going to render out a full Blu-ray sized version of this. The copy that I have available now is more than good enough, but if anyone is a purist let me know.
I sign for it^^ Very much appreciated work!

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll hang tight for the BD

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What's the typical turn around time to get something added to IFDB? I submitted this on the 13th, just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks!

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IFDB listing looks to be down temporarily. I switched the poster art to a great new one by @ArtisDead , but I didn't realize it would de-list while that was pending approval.

Mods, if there's anything we can do about that I'd really appreciate it!

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If the procedure is the standard one, won't show up again until Sunday (update day). It happens every time you change anything from the listed page. I wanted to leave a review yesterday but it was already gone by then.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a shame. I didn't realize it would do that just changing the artwork.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That really I s a shame. I was wanting to leave a review, as well. I was surprised. I kept checking, it never came back online. Why...does it take that long for the edit to go back online?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That really I s a shame. I was wanting to leave a review, as well. I was surprised. I kept checking, it never came back online. Why...does it take that long for the edit to go back online?
Weekly updates. Which is completely understandable. Running this site pays no bills.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Weekly updates. Which is completely understandable. Running this site pays no bills.
I understand that completely, I just wish I had realized I was going to knock my new fanedit off the website for almost a week by changing the poster before I did it.

It was just released so this is prime time to get reviews and word of mouth out about it.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is back on IFDB! If you've watched it and would like to leave a review, it would be much appreciated!

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just FYI, I'm rendering out a version 2 of this. It's *very* inessential. I tweaked a few sound levels very slightly and played with the color correction a bit. I should have it available later today.

If you're happy enough with the original version, you absolutely don't need to spend the bandwidth on this. There was just some tiny things bothering about it and I wanted to solve it before I removed the edit files form my hard drive.

Top Bottom