• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Menu's

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi Everyone,
need help again,can you guys give a brief how to on doing some basic motion menu's,it can be either using ProShow Producer or Ulead Media Studio Pro,I am currently working on a project and I want to make better menu's.

also was wondering,how do you guys do your scene menu's,what I mean is,how do you have your own shapes and then place the motion scene in it,I can only place the scene the way it is from DVD Lab Pro on a background.

I have my first movie done,just want to make it more retail looking.

thanks

okay...
an example of a motion menu with Ulead media studio pro.

In this case we will add a red bar to the bottom and put our buttons there.

Note that this will only be the video part.
It works pretty well to do all the rest with DVD LAB PRO.

We make this pretty easy.
1. Put your video into Ulead and make a composition for your main menu. You can use images and video files for that.
01xd1.jpg

Save your composition: file --> create video (change options to constant 8000 and 100% quality) --> choose a name and save.

you can also make a slideshow with proshow producer of course.

A good length for a main menu is between 30 sec and 1 minute.

2. Open DVD LAB PRO:
import your video --> drag it into menu 1
select the rectangle shape to create a shape and place it at the bottom where you want your buttons displayed.
01rm2.jpg

and choose it in the color you want from the upper right bar.

Now add some text to it and maybe some more rectangles to make it look nice and also your buttons text.
Link the buttons. Set the link colors to what you like.
01yd5.jpg

and now to make this animated:
menu --> render motion --> set the time for the menu --> render
01py5.jpg

voila. You have a motion menu.

I hope this was a bit helpful.

THANKS ALOT Boon,
this will come in very handy,I will get to learning on Wednesday,after Christmas LOL.

OH and thanks for the sticky too.

Back
Top Bottom