• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Men in Black - Intergalactic Duology

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tPdon2A.png
Double Feature! Two MIB edits for the price of one! The MIIB wasn't worth publishing on it's own, so here it is lumped with an extended cut of the first film. 

MIB Theatrical - 97 Minutes 
MIB Intergalactic - 100 Minutes

MIIB Theatrical - 88 Minutes
MIIB Intergalactic - 89 Minutes

This new cut of MIB might need a bit of back story since there is a bit more to it than adding back some deleted scenes. After screening the film for test audiences, there was some confusion on the 3 conflicting alien races fighting over the galaxy. The original plot was two formally feuding species (Baltain and Arquillian) who had finally come to an agreement to trade the galaxy back, with the Edgarbug stepping in to stop the peace happening so that his species can continue to live off the devastation and destruction of the war. 

Clearly this was too much for some so they re-edited the film to take out the Baltains out and simply made it that the Edgarbug species wanted control of the galaxy from the Arquillian prince. They did this by redubbing the diner scene so that the two aliens were now speaking some foreign language with new exposition, redubbing the Frank the Pug scene to support it, and adding new graphics to the MIB HQ screen and having off screen dialogue added to shift the narrative. 

These 3 scenes were included in the short making-of documentary on the DVD, so I've done my best to reincorporate them back to simulate what the original test audiences would of scene back in 1997 along with the few deleted scenes elsewhere on the disc

CUTLISTS:

MIB

- Added extra beat with J at the chinese restaurant 
- Extended MIB Audition shootout with some new dialogue 
- Extended Miss Edleston scene on the MIB HQ screen
- Alternate diner scene with the Baltain and Arquillian dignitaries (formally 2 Arquillians)
- Extended scene of Edgar leaving the diner
- Added parametics taking the bodies away and sending the cat with them
- Alternate Frank the Pug scene with new exposition to support the Baltain and Arquillian plot
- Alternate scene at MIB HQ with the Baltain and Arquillian warships firing at Earth  

MIIB
- Added alternate ending and replaced what was formally there 

BONUS FEATURES
- 2 Behind the Scenes featurettes focusing on the original Baltain and Arquillian plot and the alternate Edgarbug ending 
- Before and After: Deleted Scene Colour Correction 
- More Deleted and Alternate Scenes (both MIB and MIIB)
- Director Barry Sonnefield and Tommy Lee Jones talk Deleted and Alternate Scenes (Film Commentary Clips)

BwgmcSW.png

I've been meaning to watch these movies again, because I remember nothing from them, and I think I might have to check out these versions. Normally I wouldn't be interested in an extended cut with such a small difference in time, but the alternate versions of scenes interest me a lot.

A little suggestion, maybe you could make do with a "In Memory of Rip Torn" caption at the start?

Motleys Fanedits said:
What does MIIB stand for? :huh:

It's the abbreviation used for Men In Black 2.
Men in Black= MiB
Men in Black 2 = MiiB
Because in Roman Numerals, I is 1, II is 2.

Zarius said:
A little suggestion, maybe you could make do with a "In Memory of Rip Torn" caption at the start?

I'll save that for a future edit of Freddy Got Fingered, his finest piece of work

Zarius said:

I'll save that for a future edit of Freddy Got Fingered, his finest piece of work

Maybe it would be better to release MIB II as it's own separate thing? It's been a while since it was promised and only part one was released.

I’m so excited to watch this edit! Always loved these films so can’t wait to see how it pans out! Sent you a DM @Bobson Dugnutt 😉

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom