• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

McCAIN vs OBAMA: It's President Barack Obama!

Who do you want as the next US President.

• Barack Obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John McCain

Votes: 23 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well... that's good... that would have created a big mess.

though, oddly enough, all the articles i've seen were dated after those articles.... what the heck is the deal with them? dunno. weirdos....

It's because the people who originally purported the ridiculous nonsense refuse to let it go regardless of the evidence presented.

does it matter? MCain was not born in the USA.. so if it became an issue i think they would have both been hit..

joebshmoe said:
some little kid walked down the line and was doing some cute extra credit polling and asked who we are voting for and why. the previous 7 answers before me (i couldn't hear the other ones) were "OBAMA & the economy" (which i also replied). the guy in front of me looked PISSED and like he wasn't going to participate, but he eventually grunted "mccain" and wouldn't answer why. the kid looked confused and then moved on. it was awkward. the next 45 minutes this guy was really struggling. it was obvious obama was going to win WA and probably the election, and he just looked broken about it. wtf lame people.

Someone in my apartment complex must be a serious McCain supporter. Somewhere around 10:30 to 11:00, when Obama won that last state or two to put him over the top, a door downstairs SLAMMED so hard the building literally shook. Then another one a second or two later (as the same person left the building itself).

I think the bottom line is that McCain was viewed as "Bush: The Next Generation" - an old career politician who knows how to manipulate the system to his own advantage - and people are tired of that...look where it's gotten us in the past few years.

Bush is a perfect example of why the 2 term limit should be eliminated and we should go back to the FDR days when a president can get re-elected as many times as people will put him back in. Follow me on this.

A guy gets elected president. Experience aside, he essentially spends the four years trying to figure out what he's doing. Assuming he doesn't seriously screw up and gets in for a second term, there's now no motivation for him to do anything right for the next four years because no matter how good he does, he can't come back for a third term anyway. Whatever he does do wrong becomes someone else's problem.

Getting rid of the term limits puts the president's re-election continually on the line every four years, so if he wants to stay in office, he's gotta prove it over that time. Now, to balance this out so that someone doesn't abuse the "perpetual re-election privilege" and turn into a dictator, it should be easier for Congress to be able to investigate the president's activities and impeach him with less "red-tape" should they find something questionable.

Basically, if he wants to stay around, he's gotta work for a living and justify his job performance, just like the rest of us.

The two-term limit is not the problem, the problem lies in the fact that there are some absolute total idiots getting into power on the strength of their careers. Granted, it was still a personality contest in the US elections this time, but at least there appeared to be some genuinely intelligent people.

The problem is regardless of intelligence, the absolute power they possess corrupts them utterly. This is a guarantee. This usually happens around the second term of rule.

This can be compared to politics in the UK. At the moment, there is not a single decent person in Parliament. At all. And this I know from personal experience, after talking to the MPs which I at least thought cared in some way, only to find out not even they did.

The two terms rule was the only way that Bush was going to be removed from his position. It may not be the most efficient way of going about things but it's honestly the only other way of removing corrupt leaders if impeachment fails. Be grateful for it, it's your final option.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I nearly pissed myself laughing at that
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghostcut said:
I honestly never ever expected him to actually win, and never ever by a landslide.

It wasn't a landslide. The bullshit electoral college might make one think that, but it's just not true. Obama had 52.5% of the popular vote, with McCain gathering 46.2%, hardly a "landslide".

This election once again proves how antiquated and ridiculous the electoral college is. If 50.001% of a states population of 10 million people vote for Candidate "A", and 49.999% vote for candidate "B", then ALL of that states votes go for candidate "A". It makes absolutely no sense. It was created at time when it sort of made sense (no media/information getting to the majority of the masses, dumb people), but is completely useless and un-democratic at this point. Not every vote counts.

As a little side note/fact, Obama is the first Democratic nominee to win a majority of the popular (more than 50%, which is half, mind you) since 1976.

The election is finished... and so is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom