• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

maybe a promising new editor: TMPGenc MPEG editor 3

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tme3.html

- Smart rendering
- transition effects
- multiple audio options (not sure about surround sound though)
- the great TMPGenc encoding engine is used for rendering and encoding

this could actually be a great tool. And the upgrade price is at 64$ (no mentioning of the full price yet), so it seems to be quite cheap.

cool. this could be a good cheap alternative for people, especially beginners. It looks a little awkward from the screenshots, but maybe it is better than it looks. Although having an editor with this cool encoding tool is a good move.

:?: Only 2 stars on the converting options? What's that about? :?:

probably that it is limited in file formats to convert via smart rendering.
it can handle mpeg-2 only for smart rendering it seems. No avi, wmv, mov rm conversion.

Well I s'pose that's okay. I'd rather work with mpeg-2 anyway. :)

Yeah, I'll stick with Vegas, but I guess this is a good alternative for those who aren't satisfied.

How is this compared to TMPGEnc DVD Author 3? I have that and it looks very similar to this one.

tmpgenc DVD author 3 does not have any transition effect from what I know. It can only create hard cuts.

I have this program now but who knows if and when I'll use it, being the lazy sod that I am :D .

boon23 said:
tmpgenc DVD author 3 does not have any transition effect from what I know. It can only create hard cuts.

So besides that, and the ability to add multiple audio tracks, they're pretty much the same thing?

who knows? I think the existence of transition effects (audio and videowise) is essential for fanediting.

No doubt, even if it's just a simple fade/crossfade. :smile:

I just used this program to do an edit of Godfather 2. It's basically the Vito Corleone story as a 1 hour standalone. The only transition effects I used were the audio and video fade in/outs. It seems fine to me but I'm going to throw the bare bones DVD on RS for Boon to (hopefully) grab, and if he thinks it's worthy for a release I'm begging him to spruce it up a bit (PLEASE???) :) .

will do. Nice idea.

Back
Top Bottom