• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Max: A Collateral Fan Edit by Messenjah14

The confusion with the cops is intentional. As Gekko said, it is portrayed from the perspective of Max, hence I wanted the confusion he has be present as well. It's annoying, yes, but it's also annoying for him. As far as the audio editing goes... Well, I did the best I can with Womble. I do have Adobe Audition, but have no idea as to how to use it, and no, there are no actual tutorials for that program for people who haven't used it before, nor do I know how I could possibly mark the where to cut if I was to cut the video using Womble and the audio using Audition since they apparently use different timeframes. As far as the epilogue ending goes, I beg to differ, I've always liked them since they aren't used very often nowadays.

as for adobe audition... it is not that difficult to use.
Here is one possibility on how to handle the difficult sections:
Render your complete edit and load it into womble again.
Cut a section that needs audio correction from the video, save as project, so you can easily put in the corrected file afterwards.
Start a new project with the section only and render it.
Since Adobe Audition has a problem with mixing the channels for 5.1 correctly, I recommend using headac3he to turn the ac3 to wave (use a demuxing tool to get the ac-3 audio of your section first).
Load the wave audio into adobe audition.
Correct the audio, using fade effects, adding score, maybe the sound from the original movie. The "mix - paste" option is pretty good there as nothing is deleted, just new sound added.
Save as wave.
Encode Wave back to ac-3.
Mutliplex with the video section (you can use imago mpeg muxer for that).
Load the saved project, where this specific section was cut from.
Put in the corrected section.
Voila.
Lots of steps, but it works.

boon23 said:
Encode Wave back to ac-3.
How? And yeah I'll restart the Jarhead project and do it like that, Ulead is kinda hard to use with multiple audio tracks since it works somewhat slow on my pc.

you can use lots of tools for that.
Freeware solution is "belight", which is based on "besweet"
"ac-3 machine" uses the same engine.
Vegas can create 5.1 ac-3 from almost anything and even tmpgxpress (new version) can turn audio to ac-3. Take care of the volume levels.
Also Womble will turn wav back into ac3.

In case you want to listen to the audio commentary: (dead link)

cool. Is it in sync with your edit?

boon23 said:
cool. Is it in sync with your edit?
Yes, it's in synch with the original DVD and the DVDRip that I released. Or should be atleast, there's probably a 1-second delay, tops.

cool. I think I will add this to the your original fanedit DVD. But that's what it was intended for anyway, i guess.

boon23 said:
cool. I think I will add this to the your original fanedit DVD. But that's what it was intended for anyway, i guess.
Well yeah, kinda. As I said back when I was releasing this, I would've made a commentary if I would've had a mic back then. Well, now I have one, so... :-D

does anyone still have this lying around on a hard drive somewhere (dm me?). collateral is a spectacular movie - i'm surprised this is the only edit that was made

Back
Top Bottom