• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

matching two clips together (color wise)

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm working on matching two clips together, but under closer scrutiny, the colors don't match up:

original.jpg

Here's a cap from the original film

alternate.jpg

Relative same frame from the new source.

The most apparent thing is that AJ's skin is different shades of...flesh...and the rope is also a different shade of...rope color. How would I go about altering the new video source to match the original film source?

hmmm. i dont know but I would guess trial and error using some filter. it looks like AJ's skin is tanner in the second clip ..more green and yellow, less red. you may have to try different subtleties on short clips. Unless there is some software that will try to color match, but i dont know.

at quick glance I would say that the new source has a bit more red to it. there also seems to be a contrast and brightness issue.

for the color you can try adding a bit of green or removing some resd from the midtones.. i would also match the contrast and brightness first.

does your editing system have scopes? if you toggle between the 2 sources, the diffrence should be very apparent. then match the new source by very small increments. keep toggling between them and looking at the scopes.

Is that a Tomb Raider fanedit in the works? May i suggest
THE LEGEND OF LARA CROFT?

I'm using Womble, but the problem with that is when one clip is playing in one window, the clip in the second window is more washed out.

At this point, I'm trying to insert the alternate main title sequence. I tried to splice them so AJ wasn't visible at all, but the titles fade out at different times , and the titles are different colors (Gold in the alternate opening, silver in the original). I also think the framing is a bit off between clips, if you look at the location of the freckle on her forehead.

Well, I fixed the problem...after a fashion. Fooling around with the brightness and such screwed up the rest of the sequence, so I inserted a blend transition. It's no where near as cool as the original effect, but it works, so the transition between sources is smoother.

Back
Top Bottom