• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Matching 2 different sized clips in Adobe Premiere CS 5.5

Toonloon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys.

I'm working on my first ever fan edit and I'm trying to use footage from one movie spliced into another film. I've managed to create the visual effect I want to use as a transition but if you look at the black bars above the image, you can tell that one clip is bigger than the other.

I've managed to resize one of my clips but it's either the right width and too tall, or vice versa.

Can anyone help please? Google has been surprisingly useless at yielding an answer.

Don't resize. Just crop the taller clip down so borders are even. Those precious rows of pixels are overrated.

Agreed. Use the crop visual effect to even them up.

The problem is that the whole movie is the large clip and the inserted footage is much smaller. I'll see if I can get a larger sized clip of the inserted footage. Thanks fellers.

I did the same for my blu ray footage of Superman's return to krypton. For that little amount of detail you lose, it's not worth going bonkers over. Just crop it using black bars in new layers or use other similar effects. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom