• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

MASH 2 - "Ticket Home" - DVD w/ Commentary now available

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan Database Link: http://fanedit.org/ifdb/component/c...t-listings/tv-to-movie/994-mash-2-ticket-home

Set during the chronology of the first film, "Ticket Home" is a reflective look at the hijinks of the 4077 M.A.S.H. Unit as they partake in the United Nation lead Korean "Police Action".

Edits from:

"MASH" (pilot episode), "Yankee Doodle Doctor", "Dear Dad", "Showtime", "5 O'Clock Charlie", "Check up", "Bombed", "Aid Station", "Abyssinia, Henry", and MASH the motion picture. Original Runtime: 371 minutes

Audio Clips:

http://cd.textfiles.com/10000soundssongs/WAV/NIGHT.WAV

final Runtime: 99 minutes

Original release dates: 1970, 1972 - 1975

Fan edit release date: feb 2014

Pacing designed to mirror the original motion picture and it's philosophical attitude while preserving the Story Arc of the TV Show.

Re-sized to 16:9 with scale-up effects processing from DVD to 720p. Done with Adobe Premiere.

Version 2 Changes:

Fixed Lip sync problem (was 3 frames off)

Replaced George Morgan in pre-credit scene with William Christopher (Father Mulcahy)

Color Balanced Scenes to prevent Jaring from different episode cuts

Got rid of internal monologues of Hawkeye Pierce

Added one medical scene with Frank and Hawkeye

Redid sounds on "Aid Station" - Animal noises for higher tension and replaced walking music with Suicide is Painless

1601145_10203065602342519_581636804_n.jpg

1620596_10203096376551855_768697538_n.jpg

[video=youtube_share;RQif91TBRTc]

1926789_818656124818391_1603348318_n.jpg

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool, a MASH edit. Welcome aboard.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interested in this one, as I love all things MASH. Will be keen to see how you go creating a thematic through-line, given the episodic nature of the show! Good luck with it, and ditto to Neg's welcome :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you going to try to remove the laugh track?

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION], there's the option to play the show without the laugh track on the dvds. Much better!!

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool! Thanks. I actually already edited it up sans laugh-track.

It goes like this:

Establish all the characters really fast since everyone is essentially the same characters as the first film, just different actors. This gets all the one dimensional stories out of the way. In the show they had to constantly re-establish these relationships so that made cutting very easy. Just put in the parts where they have those growing moments.

After that it's just this kind of ride where you take people into the war and then back out While holding it together as a continual story. It's hard to explain it better then that without spoiling anything.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a wonderful idea! Growing up my dad made me watch MASH with him, and I HATED it! Now that he is gone I have watched the show and realized how amazing it is, and how much I miss those days watching with him!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds great! Grew up loving this show, particularly the Col. Blake years. :thumb:

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been almost ten years now since I became a fan of this wonderful show. Though admitedly I've never actually seen the film.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=4825]Zarius[/MENTION] I highly recommend you watch the film.
[MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION] You''ll love this edit then. All though it would be tough to pick a main character since it is a ensemble piece, The film is set over the course of the Blake/Trapper years and the name "Ticket Home" is a reference to their stories.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I noticed that some of the films have trailer videos. I might do one, but if anyone has the source material and wants to do a trailer for this, I'd love to see what people do with it with no direction from me! If you're interested PM me.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the show didn't interest me when i was a kid, but what did i know--i was a kid.
this edit just might be the hook. :)

welcome aboard, KP!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds great. I decided to watch MASH from beginning to end years ago, once the laughter-free track came out on DVD (I couldn't ever watch/enjoy the show before that) but I couln't bare to view it past the 8 series as it just turned to cr*p. But since it sounds like you are cherry picking the best of the first few series this will be gold. Those first few runs were just about the best television comedy you could hope for.

I always prefered the pace, tone and 'world' of the film but the TV show had Alan Alda playing Hawkeye, playing Groucho Marx (And in one instance 'Alan Alda playing Hawkeye, playing Groucho Marx, playing Groucho Marx'). Donald Sutherland was good but couldn't really touch the TV Hawkeye. So this edit sounds like the perfect marriage of all the strengths! :)

(^ Hint :D)

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those of you that did not know the MASH theme song has lyrics.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now this I'm interested in.

Good to know about the laugh-track free releases too. I didn't mind them as a kid, but I'm curious to see how it works without it.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's fine to share Sound Cloud tracks. If you want to share a trailer, upload it to Vimeo or YouTube and post here.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Sounds great. I decided to watch MASH from beginning to end years ago, once the laughter-free track came out on DVD (I couldn't ever watch/enjoy the show before that) but I couln't bare to view it past the 8 series as it just turned to cr*p. But since it sounds like you are cherry picking the best of the first few series this will be gold. Those first few runs were just about the best television comedy you could hope for.

I think it's cute when you 'cross the ponders call them "series" instead of "seasons."

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I think it's cute when you 'cross the ponders call them "series" instead of "seasons."

I think it's cute how you abbreviated "across".

Top Bottom