• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Marvel Origins: The Punisher

leeroy0115 said:
i'm calm i just don't think this is the place to leave them kind of comments as i said if anyone had a problem all they had to do is PM me and we could have talked about were i'm going wrong.
This is the True Fanedit thread for your edit - it is exactly the right place to discuss this. A PM would not allow others to chime in and either support you or provide backup to the idea that your edit has technical issues, which the staff needs to know about. If you are going to fix problems, we need to know about it so we can temporarily remove it from the approved section so that others don't download the unfixed version.

You said yourself that the edit is too dark due to an error you made, and that you compensate by playing with the video settings on your PC player. This tells me the issue is serious enough to be looked at by others - downloaders should not have to make their own adjustments to the edit.

Please keep in mind I am going off the comments in the thread, as I have not seen the edit myself. But the admin staff is also aware of the issue.

like i said earlier do what you want to do with the edit, in the mean time i'll bite my lip before i say something i may regret

You have a fair point saying that that there ARE some fanedits that are not perfect from a technical point of view that were approved and that are on the main site.
That does not mean that the FE staff is proud of it. We are not machines, we make mistake and it's sometimes a grey area to know if quality is good enough or not.
We usualy trust the reviewers, but unless they are called Dwight Fry (Mr nitpicker in chief!) they can easily focus on the story telling more than on the tech aspects.
I understand this could be furstrating, going from: "all my fanedit are approved!!!" to: "shit, not one after all..." but I hope this will be for the greater good.

If you're gong to do anything that the general public can see and comment on you have to have a thick skin. Don't feel like you're being attacked, but look at it as constructive criticism on how to improve. Spend a few more hours working on the criticisms and resubmit. Don't get disheartened.

Back
Top Bottom