• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Marvel consecution

TMBTM said:
yeah, I find it odd too. But the other big heads think it makes sens somehow.
To me a consecutions DVD is a single project by several faneditors. Each consecutions have short edits specialy made FOR the consecution. It's not a custom assemblage of various short edits. It's a project of its own.

Yes, your thoughts mirror my own. It's almost like saying my wolfman collection is a custom/special edition when clearly it is not, a consecution is how you described, a project of its own. A FANEDIT project.

TMBTM said:
the other big heads think it makes sense somehow.

bigheadb.jpg

Ooh, purple. That must mean Neg's *really* mad.

;)

Rebue for "A Psychogenic Fugue" posted on IFDB:

Dude (or dudette), DF's concoction really messed with my sense of reality. Use with caution.

Killer use of a Fantomas song, by the way. That totally spanked my mind.

Thanks for making my day, ssj! Now, I hope your mind didn't catch any venereal disease...

it's been forever deformed by the experience.

oppa'n dwight lynch style.

ssj said:
it's been forever deformed by the experience.

oppa'n dwight lynch style.

*eagerly awaits the instructional video on how to do the dwight lynch style dance*

Just finished this up today, wanted to give some thoughts.

1) A Psychogenic Fugue by Dwight Fry: I'm not familiar with David Lynch but I really liked this one, it was seriously head trippy, the beginning was great and that music video-esque portion was significantly cool. By the time it settled into the Sandman fight though, I was lost and confused, and it kind of felt like I was just watch Spider-man 3. When you brought it back around to the Jazz Club and the seriously screwed up Musical scene, I kind of had a feeling where you were going and I liked it. It was significantly screwy as I've heard David Lynch is. Cool stuff. 8.5/10

2) Mighty Mutants vs. The Magnetic Man by Rogue-theX: The opening and closing was great and really helps put it in the mood, the title cards were the perfect way to connect the movie, and it made one "character" more important which was quite cool. The plot was fun and tense, the editing was well done and really it worked well as a serial snippet with a cliffhanger, but in the end I kind of just wanted to watch the original movies. My biggest issue is that I can get into the whole modern movies looking like serials, the biggest issue for me is the cgi effects, they didn't look good in black and white, and cgi effects don't ring true for me in an old-school serial look. It's great work on all the other aspects though and I did enjoy it. 8.5/10

3) Rise of the Kingpin by Phantom Stranger: If there's any other cross over I want to see from Marvel it's a Marvel Knights crossover with Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. This gives a taste of what that might be like. And it's solid, creative technique on using both films and making them cross over. Unfortunately a lot of it comes at the expense of the climax, it's very anti climactic and it felt odd on the cross-over in the church. Very strong attempt at combining both films but ultimately not enough is there to warrant it. 6.5/10

4) Spider-man: The Dark Side by Mollo: I really like this, fantastic editing to take on a whole new meaning of the films. Great little plot, and all of Tobey's tweaks, smiles, come off a little bit creepier, by the end the music, along with all the great editing, and the creepy Toby clips really sold the change. Also I loved the random swearing...haha. Great little short here. 8/10

5) Blade: Man or Monster by The Magician: Not knowledgeable about the Blade tv series, but it doesn't look good. Solid editing to tell your short story about a boy faced with a choice and the man he came to be, it's got a good structure, but probably could have been tighter as it's quite plodding. Unfortunately the source material just isn't very good and not very enjoyable. 6/10

6) Cpt America: XXX by the Magician: Deliciously ridiculous, fun little edit, although I was tired of the gimmick after about 6-8 minutes so it over-stayed its welcome with me for sure. I loved the opening set up and the news-reel footage was quite excellent. But in terms of enjoyability, it was solid. 6.5/10

7) Rejected by blueyoda: Very good, really liked this one. Some hilarious ideas, although my favorites are the first one and last the one, the DD idea didn't seem to fit correctly even if it was great editing and I didn't really get the whole police standoff idea until after thinking about it for a little while, there's some leaps of logic though. But I liked everything else. Super entertaining. 8.5/10

8) Iron Blood by TMBTM: The best one by far. Great mash up that flowed well. Really liked it. Excellent editing and great story. 10/10

elnino14 said:
Just finished this up today, wanted to give some thoughts.

3) Rise of the Kingpin by Phantom Stranger: If there's any other cross over I want to see from Marvel it's a Marvel Knights crossover with Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. This gives a taste of what that might be like. And it's solid, creative technique on using both films and making them cross over. Unfortunately a lot of it comes at the expense of the climax, it's very anti climactic and it felt odd on the cross-over in the church. Very strong attempt at combining both films but ultimately not enough is there to warrant it. 6.5/10

Thanks for the kind words. I'm also a huge Marvel Knights fan and would love to see a real cross-over between the characters.

I certainly struggled with the ending. Given the fact that I was trying to keep it within 12 minutes (I failed) I thought an abrupt ending was the best way to go. I also thought it was somewhat humorous.

DVD has been uploaded to Mega and DLC submitted to Info.

My Iron Blood short edit:

^Great! Video has been added to its IFDB page.

Awesome! Won't be able to add it to the page until Sunday. Thanks Dwight.

Neglify said:
Won't be able to add it to the page until Sunday.

because of the interdimensional portal thingie?

Back
Top Bottom