• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Marvel consecution

Dwight Fry said:
If any of you have problems in playing this DVD on VLC (I did, it just crashed when I tried to play the VIDEO_TS folder), just run FixVTS on the files before burning, and it will solve the problem.

Dare I ask what version crashed? The newly updated one or the old?
Because none of the versions I uploaded "crashed" on VLC for me. It was just my short edit that got stuttering problems (now fixed)

And even the first version was playing fine on my home player, once burnt.

dwight, really enjoyed your piece; the musical selection had me hypnotized. had a strange encoding experience, though. as is my habit, i applied handbrake to all the vids to create mp4 files (after which i'd usually erase the video_ts files). but just one video—a psychogenic fugue—failed to encode; tried multiple times. not sure what the matter is.

would you consider putting up a vimeo version or a separate mp4/avi on mediafire? for your fans? :)

TMBTM said:
Dare I ask what version crashed? The newly updated one or the old?
Because none of the versions I uploaded "crashed" on VLC for me. It was just my short edit that got stuttering problems (now fixed)

And even the first version was playing fine on my home player, once burnt.

It was the new one. And I'm still unable to play it on vlc after burning the disc (the files before burning play fine after FixVTS processing, though). Probably just my computer trolling me.

ssj said:
dwight, really enjoyed your piece; the musical selection had me hypnotized. had a strange encoding experience, though. as is my habit, i applied handbrake to all the vids to create mp4 files (after which i'd usually erase the video_ts files). but just one video—a psychogenic fugue—failed to encode; tried multiple times. not sure what the matter is.

would you consider putting up a vimeo version or a separate mp4/avi on mediafire? for your fans? :)

I have fans? Oh, stop it, you. :redface:

Glad you liked it! I have an .avi export made, it's an xvid file though, so the quality is quite lower than the DVD. Fortunately I still have the workflow files, so I can try to make a better quality mp4 if you guide me through the process (never made one).

the avi would be cool, too. don't sweat the mp4.
please and thanks!

strange that the mac's DVD player didn't hit a snag reading/playing the file, but handbrake saw something it didn't like.

ssj said:
the avi would be cool, too. don't sweat the mp4.
please and thanks!

strange that the mac's DVD player didn't hit a snag reading/playing the file, but handbrake saw something it didn't like.

PM sent. And since I uploaded it, if anyone else is interested in an xvid version of my short, feel free to PM me.

the use of the fantomas song was bomb. :twisted:

ssj said:
the use of the fantomas song was bomb. :twisted:

Thanks! I love how the lyrics seem written specifically for the story I wanted to tell. :)

I agree, I freaked out when I heard Fantômas. In a good way. ;)

If you're interested in this edit being on rapidshare, PM me.

This edit is now available at rapidshare AND newsgroups.

Is 'various_MARVELv2_DVD_MF(or RS).dlc' the file I need?

Sounds right. I think TMBTM made a second disc to fix an issue with one of the edits playability.

rebue for iron blood, posted on IFDB:

TMBTM opens up the interdimensional barrier yet again. It's like he knows which glowing gems to touch inside the pylon.

10/10

senkyu, ripplin. just wanted to sing differently the song of praise.

This thread is in "Custom/Special Editions"? :-?

Rogue-theX said:
This thread is in "Custom/Special Editions"? :-?

yeah, I find it odd too. But the other big heads think it makes sens somehow.
To me a consecutions DVD is a single project by several faneditors. Each consecutions have short edits specialy made FOR the consecution. It's not a custom assemblage of various short edits. It's a project of its own.

Back
Top Bottom