• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

MARVEL 24: Remixed by Jorge

I just did a quick search of Orson welles at imdb and its pretty staggering the work he did. Not even counting his radio days.

As a comic book geek and super hero movie maniac, there is only one way to described Jorge's latest editing experimentation..... PURE BIFF-POW-BANG UNDILUTED FUN!!! :grin:

A very clever and challenging idea of combining four completely seperate and very different movies into a single and mostly cohesive storyline built around the style and formula of an episode from the 24 television series. By incorporating the voice of Orson Welles (lifted from the old animated Transformers movie) as Galactus, Jorge was able to unify and weave the various movies together with mostly successful results.

I say mostly successfull just because there is a lot of story here, and if you are not already familiar with the movies or, more particularly, not familiar with Marvel Lore (the idea of an Omni-powerful being pitting various heroes and villains against each other as a distraction while the said villain launches the real threat), then this movie might be difficult to comprehend and follow how everything inter-relates. However, from a comic geek standpoint, it all works deliciously and wonderfully well.

Jorges vast editing experience and skills truly shine through with this edit. Technically I think it is a masterpiece. The interweaving of all the storylines, the flawless overlapping of audio transitions(a weak of area of many fan edits usually), the clean cuts and intermixing the various movie climaxes.... some truly amazing editing skills on display here.

Favorite editing moments for me include the "We All Have Choice" sequence involving Harry and the Silver Surfer, and the pull back sequence of the three main storylines and each of our heroes comforting their fallen love/friend at the same moment. Absolutely outstanding!

As for the whole timestamp debate, I think it could have worked either way, though personally I did not miss it at all. I think this is one of those edits that either clicks with you or doesn't. For this Fanboy, this edit works on all levels and was a pleasure to watch.

Thanks Jorge!

Thank you very much BB. Outstanding review as always.
Yes as well for me the "We All Have Choice" moment was a pleasure to discover as well as having Orson Welles as Galactus. and I worked hard for that 3 way fallen heroes moment.
there is a lot of editing throughout. I didn't just grab chunks and put them together: Johnny Storm beats Doom on his own as opposed to having Ben swing a metal beam at him (?) Less of mary-jane's high-pitch screaming. when harry rescues spidey is mostly done with looks. a lot of editing and a lot of fun for me while doing it.

And that damned timestamp! I thought if i didn't include it I would be free of any controversy as to what the time was supposed to be... but it still haunts me. oh well.
Anyways, thanks for the props.

I watched this yesterday and I have to say its pretty entertaining. Having the all three of the climaxes at once made for exciting viewing.

I did notice one problem, though. Spiderman and X-men both took place in the USA, but the climax of F4 takes place in China, and there are even Galactus destruction scenes of the US, and its daytime.

Aside from that, good edit, worth the download.

I second Bionicbob's review, top notch all the way!!! I'd love to see more...perhaps a Punisher, Daredevil, and Ghost Rider combo??

I gave it a 3. It's very frustrating to watch it on it's own story-wise for someone who has seen the movies used in it only once. The Hulk-stuff didn't make much sense to me, the other stuff was fine. The biggest problem I had here is that it's barely established that it's all happening in the same place. In 24, atleast people talk to each other through the phone or mention each other in conversations to create this weird feeling of consistency, and here that thing wasn't present. This sort of made it feel separate. Instead of just saying that it felt separate, I spotted two things that would've made it seem more... together; Make that whole destruction-stuff in Alcatraz happen because of Galactus, not Phoenix or whatever Famke was in that movie. Naturally this way you might have to cut the third screen from that nice "three fallen heroes"-scene though. Then, you could've made it seem as if Venom blew up simultaneously with Galactus, so the alien symbiote would sorta like seem as if it was a part of Galactus, sent to earth prior to his arrival, similarily to the SS. Why? Could be to infect a superhero so there wouldn't be much resistance. Or something like that.

Anyhow, after e1 and 2 if they come, it'll be better imo. BTW I was never bothered over the timestamp thingy. The multi-screen shots were good enough to establish the time.

This was by far the most genius fanedit in years, even centurys..

if your a marvel fan and have seen most of the marvel movies download this one yesterday---you will love it...

if you "never" saw one of the marvel movies because lack of interest and only want to see one marvel-movie this year, then this is the one you should see...

Jorge has done it again...
keep up the remixin man
//B

I love the controversial discussing.
This seems to be a fucked up great fanedit :D

*I remember when this started as a farce of an idea and watched as the idea bloomed and the "collaboration" began in the original thread. Goddamn Jorge! That is one nonstop thrillride of an hour! Just fantastic! I can't wait to see the beginning! My only critique would be to possibly add one or two more commercial breaks/multiscene timestamps to the next episode but otherwise this is utterly stunning and I hope that after Marvel is finished that you will forge ahead and do a DC 24 and possibly even a Dark Horse 24. Keep up the good work. For anyone reading this who hasn't seen it yet, what the hell are you waiting for?

*Originally posted in original "ideas" thread.

Ocarina654 said:
I did notice one problem, though. Spiderman and X-men both took place in the USA, but the climax of F4 takes place in China, and there are even Galactus destruction scenes of the US, and its daytime.
Aside from that, good edit, worth the download.
Yeah, The Piramids are night and Italy is daytime and Paris is night.
I did go for excitement and eye-candy rather than logic.

I know, KBM, that you know about my passion for this project. I downloaded it a week ago (or so) and watched it. Fifty minutes later, I didn't want it to end. This is one of the most brilliant ideas I've seen. The best part of it is, because it's Marvel, and they use real locations (not like Metropolis or Gotham or whatever), it is possible for things to be occurring in the same city and people never run into one another.

Please, oh please, bring this story full circle!

5 out of 5 for me.

First of all: wow!

Action filled Marvel packed suspense for 50 minutes. Thank you :)

Editing was superb, especially sound. It flowed so well, and the music is there, epic and evident in many scenes that shift characters, and yet there is no disturbance. Truly awesome editing.

I got the feeling that we were supposed to take this as an episode somewhere near the end of a season (perhaps even the last episode?), a season that we haven't watched before. If I roll with that it's all good. But the difficulty to follow what's happening (as it seems to require one to have seen earlier episodes (or the movies then)) drops this just short of 5 for me, along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be any interaction at all between the different story arcs (Im asking a lot!).

Editing: 5
Plot/story: 3 (as it is by itself, the accomplishment and planning of this must have been something extra, and the work on that is probably worth another 5!)

Great edit!

4 out of 5!

Has anyone created a DVD cover for this yet?

Dumb question from a noob, I downloaded this a while back, what is different?

Fricken-a, utterly awesome joy ride of an edit. Beautifully done! I watched this while working out and did a full 50min sprint from start to finish on the treadmill without evening realizing it. The none stop action really pulls you in and doesn't let go. I would love to see something similar to this done with DC Comics, hmm... Batman, Superman, & Flash save the world?

A+, 5 star, two thumbs up, etc. etc. nice work Jorge!!!

OK, I watched this last night because I was so intrigued, and Jorge is a very cool editor. I will say up front that I am not a fan of most of these movies. X-men was the only one that I really enjoy, and the rest are piles of crap IMO. BUT, that has nothing to do with my review of this edit.

I really enjoyed this. Jorge did a fantastic job editing. The timing, multiple shots on screen and everything were just fantastic. This really felt like a cool show. For all of the amazing visual editing work, I think he fell a bit short on storytelling. IMHO, this really lacked a cohesive story, and there were times when I felt it could have been brought together better. Perhaps all the stories could have been fighting a similar problem? I think that there was still a bit too much of the personal stories that pulled away from the overall story line.

I really didnt like the inclusion of the hulk scenes. The intro one worked OK for me. It heightened the tension and got you in the mood for "some serious shit about to happen" but the scene at the end really felt out of place. Also, I think there was too much of the personal conflict between Eddie and Peter in the Spiderman storyline. Was this needed for this edit? I dont think so.

I want to reiterate, that this was a really cool edit!! It just felt like it could have used some heavier cutting with regards to the personal stories of each plot line. I think that this could have helped it be a bit more of a cohesive storyline.

For really cool editing, and nice audio and video, I will give this a 4. I really think this had potential to be a 5 or higher (out of 5), but needed some extra thought and editing. A cool edit. Even if you are not a fan of most of these movies (like me) you will be greatly entertained. Thanks Jorge.

Nice try ThrowgnCpr! But I can spot reverse psychology when i see it. You're just challenging me to edit another episode of MARVEL 24.
It will have to wait because right now I'm working on something else...
rockzi9.jpg

I really didnt like the inclusion of the hulk scenes. The intro one worked OK for me. It heightened the tension and got you in the mood for "some serious shit about to happen" but the scene at the end really felt out of place.

ThrowgnCpr, I think what Jorge was trying to do was give a intro and prelude to his Hulk edit as a stand alone work instead of integrating all the Hulk scenes into the "24" episode too. Just my guess, maybe Jorge can verify for us... ;)

just saw it. absolutely awesome.

as i knew what i was getting i didn´t expect a whole movie fanedit, you know, the ´normal kind´. it totally kicked the shit! by the time it ended i was totally dissappointed because i could have watched this for about three more hours and probably would have forgotten to have a pee...

5 comic stars from me!!!!!

A bit new to these edits , can u tell me where to find this film ? not sure what LINKTALK is :cry: thanx

Back
Top Bottom