• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Marvel 24 - Episode 2

Unfortunately I again could not connect to this. It seems my brain is missing certain synopsizes... but for what it is it is a well create scene collection from various movies. Looks great, sounds great and can be entertaining, of you are not expecting a movie.

boon23 said:
it is a well created scene collection from various movies. Looks great, sounds great and can be entertaining, if you are not expecting a movie.
That's because it's not a movie, it a tv episode. :p
I think I know why MARVEL 24 is popular with some.
When UA sent me his trailer for eps 2 and I saw all the marvel superheroes together, that is when I got it.
Its seeing all the marvel superheroes together.
we've had that for decades in the comic world and we may in the future with the avengers and such.
Its the same thrill you felt when you saw Tony Stark at the end of THE INCREDIBLE HULK or Nick Fury at the end of IRON MAN.
Would it be better if there was a narrative and the worlds interacted?
of course it would. But as UA wrote:
Back when KBM first released, I too wanted more interaction.
Only problem is that there is none, obviously. And it's nigh impossible to manufacture on any meaningful level.
Is this the end of MARVEL 24?

Well to be quite honest the one thing the Marvel 24 episodes are missing is a narration. That would help a lot towards a coherent plot and to tie the different scenes together.

i dont think the worlds need to interact necessarily, but there is surely a way to make a plot out of this, otherwise its just random scenes put together. And for me, thats what i got out of this new installment of Marvel24.

KBM, I thought you were really close to something with the first episode. It was well edited and there was enough hints at a plot that it made it interesting. I had high hopes for the new episode. But alas, my hopes crashed. Don't get me wrong, the editing was fantastic, but any plot or connection was completely absent, IMHO.

ThrowgnCpr said:
i dont think the worlds need to interact necessarily, but there is surely a way to make a plot out of this, otherwise its just random scenes put together. And for me, thats what i got out of this new installment of Marvel24.

KBM, I thought you were really close to something with the first episode. It was well edited and there was enough hints at a plot that it made it interesting. I had high hopes for the new episode. But alas, my hopes crashed. Don't get me wrong, the editing was fantastic, but any plot or connection was completely absent, IMHO.

(In a rage!) ANTMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (shakes his fists towards the Heavens)

Ghostcut said:
Well to be quite honest the one thing the Marvel 24 episodes are missing is a narration. That would help a lot towards a coherent plot and to tie the different scenes together.
Yes, that would surely help... except, I wanted to be faithful to the "24" editing style mainly because thats the only cohesive point.
I originally wanted The Watcher to narrate the story but could not think of a single cinematic equivalent to the watcher that I could harvest.
But maybe Im overthinking it.

I guess it all depends on what it is you want to get from it.

If you're expecting one big plotline, interwoven throughout all the scenes, you're not gonna be satisfied with M24, and never will be.

If you want concurrently running stories all set within the Marvel universe...well, I can't guarantee satisfaction but it's slightly more likely to happen. :)

Don't think of Marvel 24 as an issue of The Avengers, with all the characters in one place against one foe. Think of it as buying an issue of Spider-Man, an issue of Hulk, an issue of X-Men, and reading them all in the same sitting. The stories aren't connected, but they happen in the same universe.

Personally, I think it's a tiny bit of a misnomer to say that there is no plot at all. There are three plots running at the same time. Spider-Man dealing with Flint Marko, competing with Eddie at the Bugle, then shedding the symbiote. The FF learning how to, then capturing the Surfer. Jean flips out and kills Xavier, Wolverine tracks her 'n Mags to their camp and learns their plans. Yeah, the Hulk scene is a little stranded out all on its own, but it's explained what's going on there in ep3. But I didn't just throw random stuff together without some thought and planning as to what was happening.

Anyway, either way it was fun to make, which is what I was hoping for. I am sorry it didn't do it for a lot of people, but thems the breaks, huh? :D

I dug it, Antman. And, I hear what you're saying. I never got the impression from either installment that these stories were somehow supposed to be linked, just that they're taking place at the same time. It takes a slight bit of suspension of disbelief to get fully enveloped in the episodes but if you just let yourself go, both installments are a helluva lot of fun. As one of the six people that loves Ang Lee's Hulk, I kept hoping for more of it in both installments (maybe in the "first" installment?). And, although most people will find it out of place, I liked the insertion of the Matt Murdock church scene from Daredevil. Once again though, as one of the ten people who loved that movie (especially the director's cut), I wanted more. So, UA, it's time to get cracking on that Marvel 24 spin-off with Daredevil, Punisher and Blade ... even if the Thomas Jane Punisher and Blade: Trinity both sucked. Don't just tease us with a ... well ... teaser. So, in summation, I think KBM and UA both said it as best as it can be said, these aren't meant to be one huge team-up smackdown of a movie. They're meant to evoke the feeling of the Marvel universe. And, on that level, they both succeed wildly. My favorite part of UA's cut is the ending with Kingpin. That, if anything, did make the whole thing seem connected. I've rated both of these installments and I'll have fuller reviews on the site soon. Until then, I just wanted to thank both of you for bringing these to life. I hope someone will pick up the torch and carry it on to the next installment.

The Hulk material is a toughie...to be honest, if KBM hadn't started with the Hulk sequence, I don't think I'd have used it at all. :)

And it really only occured to me this moment that I do understand the "random scenes" comment after all...it's sometimes difficult to remember that not everyone is privy to your thought process on an edit. I actually had specific reasons for every decision I made (such as the seemingly disconnected Murdock scene) but they don't necessarily play out in this particular episode.

But there's than annoyingly fine line between explaining your reasoning, and sounding defensive. I just hope I don't usually sound too defensive, because it's not meant that way. No opinion is verboten! :grin:

UA, I don't think you are sounding defensive here. I want to reiterate, that I think the editing was extremely professional. The audio/video quality is top notch, and it is beautiful. This concept just isn't working for me. I guess I am on that side of the fence. I think that this idea could work for me, but as it stands it doesnt. I am glad that the opinions are rather divided over this. Seems that this is bringing a lot of enjoyment to some people.

It's all good, my man. Different strokes for different folks, right?

Thanks for the props on the tech side too.

Back
Top Bottom