• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Marvel 24 - Episode 2

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, finally done. Looks like I beat your estimate though, KBM. ;)

marvel242uoj4.png

[youtube:wc2bee1l]

Full details will be on the main listing for this

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh thank the Maker!

I stopped another download just to get this thing... and once it's done and I watch it tomorrow, I'll have a full review.

But if it's like your other releases, UA, I know I won't be disappointed.

God bless the Marvel 24 gang!

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah. all praise to the gang!

i just need to get my fucked up wlan connection working and the downloading shall begin!

Thank you so much guys!

now: back to work, people want the third episode!

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heinrich said:
people want the third episode!

Which is to say, the first episode, since they're going backwards in chronological order and all...

With the new Hulk and Iron Man, there's actually some GOOD Marvel movies out there now...

The possibilities are endless!

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't speak for KBM, but I certainly won't be doing episode 1 any time soon.

If I do another, it'll definitely be set later...and maybe a little darker. ;)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
I can't speak for KBM, but I certainly won't be doing episode 1 any time soon.

If I do another, it'll definitely be set later...and maybe a little darker. ;)

LOL! Thats how I felt after I did mine. The editing is as tough as it gets: juggling multiple storylines, a predetermined editing style, a predetermined duration and striving for a satisfying whole.

Doing one of these is like a Rite of Passage.

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the type of project that would make someone a permanent fixture in the lexicon of genius faneditors. KBM and UA were already on another level before the Marvel 24 project... but to me? This is something else.

If I had any inclination into how to do this, this is what I'd want to make my name with.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great work UA! love the spiderman extra very funny.

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The best extra (beyond the new trailer with the new storylines in it) was DEFINITELY the Stark Industries classified video.

Kolpitz

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm downloading this now (I've been so busy editing, encoding, uploading, etc. my Batman: Consecution short that this is the first chance I've got). I loved Jorge's Episode 3 and, with UA editing this one, I know Episode 2 is gonna rock.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Marvel 24 by Uncanny Antman

The first Marvel 24 incarnation by Jorge is an absolute master class in the art of editing but it failed for me in two important respects. First, there seemed to be hardly any narrative and secondly the superhero worlds never interacted with each other, so the feeling was one of separatism. It was explained by the editor that this was a later episode in an imaginary series and so it could appear confusing.

Still, on a positive note, Jorge's episode was exciting and relentless. Brilliant in all its technical aspects. My lasting thought was how close this came to a FanEditing masterpiece!

Now Jorge and Uncanny Antman have joined talents to produce an episode that precedes the action of the first. These two FanEditors are among the very best in this field. Their FanEdits are professional, polished and always better than the theatrical releases, so the thought of these two participating on the same project is very exciting. Uncanny Antman submitted his idea for a prequel episode to Jorge and the green light was given.

In Marvel 24 â€"Episode 2 (should this be called episode 1?) Uncanny Antman has tried very hard to create a narrative that explains the events in Jorge's episode (should this be episode 2?).

Marvel 24 â€"Episode 2 by Uncanny Antman does attempt at a logical narrative but this only leads to more confusion and separatism. This firmly establishes that the superhero worlds of Marvel 24 have little or no affect on each other.

Uncanny Antman is a master editor! This latest episode is faultless in its presentation. It is beautifully edited and the sound design is excellent. The action might be less frenetic and relentless but this in no way makes this episode any less entertaining. I really enjoyed this edit and Uncanny has certainly expanded the Marvel world with this episode. Only at one moment did the episode strike a strange note when the Fantastic Four are bickering in a helicopter, so maybe another episode needs to be made to explain the reasons for that.

I like the idea behind this series and I hope it continues but the over-riding problem is as mentioned above, creating a universe where action causes a re-action and Superheroes are aware of each other and the problems that affect this Marvel World.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a note on episode numbers, KBM had referred to his edit as "Episode 3" several times, so mine is meant as Episode 2 chronologically speaking, as opposed to release date. This is also why I did not attempt to cram all the backstory of Spidey 3, FF2, or XM3 into mine, as there's still plenty of episodes to do all that. Confusing, no? Working backwards is a pain. ;)

Also, we've decided that these are episodes 2 and 3 of season 4. Makes for plenty of space for all the previous films. :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it on some level.

P.S. Back when KBM first released, I too wanted more interaction. Only problem is that there is none, obviously. And it's nigh impossible to manufacture on any meaningful level. So for me, Marvel 24 is just like reading Marvel comics. The characters all live in the same world, but only interact sometimes. They're all having their own world-shattering adventures at the same time. They'll interact more as time goes on. (ie: When Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, and eventually, The Avengers come out on DVD. ;) )

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed this edit. It is beautifully done and you certainly expanded the Marvel world with your episode. I am a Fan.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cheers, Mollo.

I totally hear you on all counts re: criticisms, but it's always nice to hear that someone enjoyed your work. :)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the interest of clearing things up (or obfuscating them :D ) from now on my episode shall be known as EPISODE 1, UA's is still EPISODE 2 and so on backwards in time. (hehehe, I always wanted to say that)
This allows for many episodes backwards in time were most of the footage resides.
A new episode forward in time shall be EPISODE 1 SEASON 2.
That is all.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's what you think, KBM. The cover alterations I have made will soon mess up all that. ;)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
Great work UA! love the spiderman extra very funny.
sladetwc said:
The best extra (beyond the new trailer with the new storylines in it) was DEFINITELY the Stark Industries classified video.
Glad you both liked that stuff. I always hope that people enjoy the extra features, even though there isn't always a lot of them. :)

And for those who downloaded the AVI instead of the DVD, here is the teaser that plays directly after the epsiode:

[youtube:1r1k6bi1]
(Also added to original post.)

And remember folks, go vote for Marvel 24. :p

Top Bottom