• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

MARS - PHASE ONE & PHASE TWO- A Last Impressions edit

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit submitted, thread moved to Pending Approval.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As @"Last Impressions" has now got an edit approved (La La Land) this Mars project is moved from Pending, back to in the works.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally my Mars edit is at the rendering stage - i decided to separate the edit into two parts enabling potential viewers to watch it over a couple of nights rather than sit through a straight 3 hour feature length film. It also makes sense as the first season is split into two phases namely One - Initial Human Presence and Two - Construction and Expansion. 

The second season is to be aired in November on the Nat Geo channel.

The edit will be available in MP4 and 50gb Bluray.

http://https://vimeo.com/282367403[/video]

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As mentioned previously my Mars edit will be available as a 50gb bluray containing both episodes. I have also stitched  together the cut non-fictional footage to form a 1hr and 10min documentary that will be available as bonus material, a very interesting documentary it is too. 
Further bonus material will be the Before Mars prequel - this is not an actual edit but is a lovely short backstory of future IMSF employees and twins Hana and Joon. 

This is an idea for the bluray menu.

http://https://vimeo.com/282373779[/video]

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
looking forward to this.

Thanks... it should be up on IFDB this weekend dependent on any rendering and conversion problems.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bluray cover

9EKhPZl.jpg

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Start watching my edit people - season 2 premieres on the 11th November (UK)  :)

Look how bad the CGI is at the 24 second mark:)

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
May I please get a pm with a link to this? I was thinking that it would be much better as a movie than a series.

Thank you.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got a notification from Netflix that Mars is now available which got me thinking about the series again. Are you planning on doing a Phase 3 and Phase 4 when Season 2 comes out on DVD?

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I got a notification from Netflix that Mars is now available which got me thinking about the series again. Are you planning on doing a Phase 3 and Phase 4 when Season 2 comes out on DVD?

Yes - i'm just waiting for confirmation on the bluray release. I wasn't too enamoured with the new season. i was interested in the documentary part though :) which was pretty interesting.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the update! I haven't gotten around to watching the new season at all yet; there's too much good TV to keep up!

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
Thanks for the update! I haven't gotten around to watching the new season at all yet; there's too much good TV to keep up!

Tell me about it...ive made a conscious effort not to even try and keep up these days with the amount of good TV on Netflix etc...just stresses me out thinking about it. I still have incompleted box sets from years back and now they just keep giving us more....one day i'll get around to finishing Six Feet Under, Curb your Enthusiasm, Northern Exposure...amongst others and i started watching them years ago :)

I had a look at Mars season 2 which is available on Itunes to buy but it is only 720p ...i think i'll wait a little longer to see if the bluray or full 1080p edition is released as i don't want to have to edit the second season twice.

Top Bottom