• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Mars Attacks! From Space! (aka reave's end of the world fanedit)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[video=youtube_share;G4ZURYv25I0]

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol, it must be the end. reave released another edit?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe we are all dead and this is what the afterlife is like

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was thinking the same thing. This doesn't feel right for some reason. Maybe I should take it back....

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
I was thinking the same thing. This doesn't feel right for some reason. Maybe I should take it back....

Don't you dare!

This is going to be pure Awesomeness!!!! :D

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Don't you dare!

This is going to be pure Awesomeness!!!! :D

Fuck. I hope you like it after a statement like that. Your edits are the definition of awesomeness, so I wonder if I can meet your high standards.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My review:

tumblr_m2t9ejir8r1qeaewuo1_500.gif

tumblr_lyiu9fy0e31ro5kbzo1_500.gif

tumblr_lyiu9fy0e31ro5kbzo2_500.gif

tumblr_mdpzbnbJeb1rdea9yo1_400.gif

In Summary:

tumblr_m1oni59lBs1qfr6udo1_400.gif

tumblr_lkhprcIGYH1qazkdco1_500.gif

tumblr_m0zthieMVk1qd8nujo1_500.gif

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1.3GB 720p mp4 and 4.6GB 720p mkv are both up at .me

The mp4 is up at info via MF. mkv is currently uploading to MS because fuck MF.

DVD5 and BD25 coming soonish.

Thanks for the review Neg. I'll run it through the decoder now.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had problems with MF since the very beginning. Lately, when I add a DLC container & it stays stuck on "checking online status". I'll never understand how people can put that site/service over.

Update: after re-installing JDownloader twice, links seem to be working now.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent. Glad to hear it.

I've been informed that the mp4 doesn't play well in QuickTime, but works swell in vlc and mpc.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jamiemark said:
I've had problems with MF since the very beginning. Lately, when I add a DLC container & it stays stuck on "checking online status". I'll never understand how people can put that site/service over.

Update: after re-installing JDownloader twice, links seem to be working now.

I encountered the same issue, but in the end it downloaded fine. I still prefer MF for its simplicity.

Watching now, and me liking what I am seeing. :D

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
720p mkv is available via pm now, should be at info whenever they update.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember when the original commercials played promoting MARS ATTACKS back in 1996, coming on the heels of Independence Day -- it looked like a wild ride and I soooooo wanted to like this movie. But when I finally saw it in the theatre, I left very disappointed. The original is a bloated mess of lunacy with no one at the rudder. There are moments of brilliant satire and humor, but often it is lost with Tim Burton going too far over the top, almost showing off without any regard to the audience's intelligence.

Reave's fan edit is a definite improvement over the original. The story is much more focused and better paced, and the humor plays stronger. It is still a lunatic of a movie. You definitely need to be in the right frame of mind to thoroughly enjoy it. I have often wondered if the madness ( and 1950s homages) would play better if the movie had been Black and White?

Technically, the fan edit is perfect. Perfect audio and video. Excellent cuts. In terms of entertainment, as remarkable as this edit is, some of the material still does not work for me. It a very uneven fare for me. But humor is very subjective. I still whole heartedly recommend this fan edit, especially for the hard core Tim Burton fans and lovers of campy schlock.

Thumbs up.:)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the reviews, all of you. Glad some folks are enjoying this.

Top Bottom