• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Mars Attacks! From Space! (aka reave's end of the world fanedit)

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I heard about a Mars Attacks edit, I first thought 'meh,' to be honest, because when I saw the movie way back when, I thought 'meh.' But after reading y'alls reviews, I've decided to get it.

I am, however, going to wait for the DVD-5. Any idea when that might be up? (a more precise time than "soonish," to be precise) Kinda hoping it's today, if possible, since I *gasp* have extra bandwidth left this month!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still working on it. I'm hoping to have it up in the next 2 weeks. I had planned on a BD release too, but I don't know if I will unless there is any interest.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Ack ack ack. Ack ack. Ack! Ack ack! Ack. Ack ack ack, ack ack ack ack ack. Ack ack ack ack ack, ack ack ack ack ack; ack ack. Ack--ack ack--ack ack ack ack, ack ack ack, ack!

Ack ack - 10/10
Ack ack - 10/10
Ack ack - 10/10
Ack ack - 10/10
Ack Ack - 10/10

Ack ack? Ack!

:lol:

Also, not sure what I did to earn a Special Thanks on this one, but you're welcome.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
me, neither. don't know/remember what i did to earn it, but i hope it was spéciale.

i would so hit on annette bening in this movie. omigod.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still laughing at that Neg review.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IFDB rebue:

The pacing was on point. Concentrated absurdity at its finest. Loved every campy gonzo minute of it.

The mp4 version carried a bit of audio/visual asynchrony, whether played on QuickTime, MPlayer or my tibi. But that's OK, because I was too busy chortling to mind.

Bonkers stuff, Reave. This is definitely one I'll have to show to fanedit virgins.

Enjoyjoy: 10 pelvic aerothrusts.

RollDamnTide

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know I'm very late to the party here but just want to say I'm interested in the edit. The 720p mkv .info link when open the dlc file unfortunately the first MSU link is no longer available. I am settling for the 720p mp4 as they all seem to still be active.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The mp4 looks very good, but there might be a very slight audio lag. I'm eventually releasing a fix

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
The mp4 looks very good, but there might be a very slight audio lag. I'm eventually releasing a fix

Don't forget to release a period.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Ack ack ack. Ack ack. Ack! Ack ack! Ack. Ack ack ack, ack ack ack ack ack. Ack ack ack ack ack, ack ack ack ack ack; ack ack. Ack--ack ack--ack ack ack ack, ack ack ack, ack!

Ack ack - 10/10
Ack ack - 10/10
Ack ack - 10/10
Ack ack - 10/10
Ack Ack - 10/10

Ack ack? Ack!

Ack ack ack ack ack, Ack!*

(*translation: Thanks for this insightful review, Neglify!)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Don't forget to release a period.
Is that the best you've got in a reave release thread? I expect so much more from you.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, they're so few and far between, I'm out of practice.

Top Bottom