• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Man With The Golden Gun: Less is MOORE Edition, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the definitive version of this film available. It is far more focused, engaging, and coherent across the board. Pacing is much improved. Inappropriate comedy is gone. I felt the story was easier to follow and understand compared to the theatrical release, likely due to the absence of unnecessary distractions. The film also feels more grounded, serious, and believable to the theatrical release. The transition from Bond jumping out of the Karate school window to the boat chase is completely seamless, impressive editing. You would never know their was a scene before it in the original. I enjoy both theme songs, so this is not an issue for me. The film in some ways feels closer to Bond films of the early 60s, particularly the first 3, more of a spy drama/thriller/mystery, with less emphasis on action and more on the plot/story, which is a good thing in my opinion. This edit elavates the film from a 5 to an 8.5/10 for me. Roger Moore is my favourite James Bond. The script was not yet tailored to him here as it would be in his next 4 films. The only thing that bothers me about this film is the poor treatment of women, especially the scene where Bond man handles Adam's character and the demeaning comments he makes throughout the film both at her and at Goodnight. Connery would have gotten away with it, but this is totally out of character for Roger Moore. Fortunately, it would not be a problem in his subsequent Bond films. For my own personal enjoyment of this movie, in time, I will edit this version to excise these moments. This will be extremely difficult as these moments are all throughout the film, and sometimes in the middle of conversations and removal will require advanced, sophisticated editing. This is totally out of my skillset, but I will try anyway.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom