• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Man of Tomorrow: a Man of Steel / Batman V. Superman edit

Thanks to everyone who has voted for Man of Tomorrow in the FEOTM poll!

Only one day left and the vote is close!  Be sure to vote if you haven't already.

-J

As someone who really loves fan edits and as someone who liked MOS but not BvS I was curious to see what was done in Man of Tomorrow, I'm currently watching but decided to mention some things that I was wondering about (these pertain to MOTs narrative btw not the two movies separately)

where were Zod and his crew for 23 years before hearing the distress signal 

How do the general and Lois know about Krypton and its properties if Clark never told anyone where he was from

btw kudos for pulling of such a huge edit

Horrifyingly Hillarous said:
where were Zod and his crew for 23 years before hearing the distress signal 

How do the general and Lois know about Krypton and its properties if Clark never told anyone where he was from

btw kudos for pulling of such a huge edit

Thanks for checking out 'Man of Tomorrow'.  I hope you enjoyed it!

Regarding your questions, yes, these are details that aren't really spelled out in my edit.  Regarding Zod & his crew, I couldn't find a good way to include that exposition and still keep the narrative moving.  Zod's primary importance in this edit was to draw Superman into the battle of Metropolis and then be a corpse for Lex Luthor to do Lex Luthor stuff to.

As for the General and Lois knowing about Superman.  I felt it was ok to assume much of that was talked about in the interrogation room after we cut away from it.  I didn't think it was important to the characters' motivations that they learn that on-screen.

To speak to both of these, in the original MoS narrative this was all discussed when Lois and Superman went up to Zod's ship in the 2nd act.  Cutting from Superman in the interrogation to Zod releasing the world engine was one of the most important cuts to make this edit work.  It certainly sacrificed a lot of details regarding Zod's crew and their plan, but it was necessary since they weren't the primary antagonists of this edit.

Thanks for your questions and for taking the time to watch the edit!

~J

Well all in all I thought it was pulled off pretty well, maybe it's just me because I'm familiar with the movies but it seems like BvS footage is crisper  than MOS, still I would definitely show this to someone who never seen the movie and see their reaction

This is an excellent retelling of two films that completely missed the mark.
You managed to make Superman into a sympathetic hero instead of an obnoxious twat and Batman into a proper anti-hero with a moral compass instead of a murderer who thinks he is just.
Yes, the build-up for Zod and Lex felt fairly rushed but you certainly did wonders for what you had.
My only REAL complaint of the whole edit is not giving us a decent scale of time between Zod and Lex. It felt almost as if it had only been days since Zod instead of (what I assume) was supposed to be a few years or at least several months.
But aside from that little gripe I really enjoyed this. Both heroes felt exactly how they should have AND the Martha bit, while still kinda awful, didn't come off as nonsensical as it did in the original.
PS: Kudos on even making the "I thought she was with you" line actually make sense and add a proper bit of levity at the right time.

Thanks @"JefferyDuke" , I'm really glad you enjoyed Man of Tomorrow!

To your point about time passage, I actually had a "1 year later" title card in the edit for an earlier version, but I ended up taking it out thinking it was redundant after the Superman-being-heroic montage.  If I do another version, I'll certainly consider putting that back in.

Thanks again for watching!

~J

Love this edit! I can't believe you pulled this off, you have opened a whole new world of fan edits to me, thank you!!!

Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed the edit!

Best of luck with your future edits

-J

The Great Subtracter said:
Love this edit! I can't believe you pulled this off, you have opened a whole new world of fan edits to me, thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom