• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Man of Tomorrow: a Man of Steel / Batman V. Superman edit

Thanks @"Kal-El" !  Very generous of you!

-J

I watched the movie last night and enjoyed it which given I'm not up for watching either of the two blu-rays of the source movies currently sitting on my shelf speaks volumes. Kudos for making the "martha" scene work and same for the use of Jonathon and the tornado footage for when Clark was conflicted and the Krypton footage as flashback, some very good choices  :)

Hello, Im new to  this site. Where do I find the links to watch/download this film?

@"MrPacinoHead" - please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

From the Entertainment section of the Sunday Daily Planet:

This edit is a lot of fun. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the original movies, but this is a great version that gets to the heart of the action. It's a non-stop ride and the narrative is surprisingly kept tight. I was disappointed with the audio being only 2.0 stereo - an action flick like this can really shine with a full 5.1 soundtrack - and I felt the Batman v Superman footage was slightly lesser quality than the Man of Steel footage. Other than that, it's edited very well and I would recommend this to any fan of the originals.

Mike Crate said:
I watched the movie last night and enjoyed it which given I'm not up for watching either of the two blu-rays of the source movies currently sitting on my shelf speaks volumes. Kudos for making the "martha" scene work and same for the use of Jonathon and the tornado footage for when Clark was conflicted and the Krypton footage as flashback, some very good choices  :)

Adabisi said:
From the Entertainment section of the Sunday Daily Planet:

This edit is a lot of fun. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the original movies, but this is a great version that gets to the heart of the action. It's a non-stop ride and the narrative is surprisingly kept tight. I was disappointed with the audio being only 2.0 stereo - an action flick like this can really shine with a full 5.1 soundtrack - and I felt the Batman v Superman footage was slightly lesser quality than the Man of Steel footage. Other than that, it's edited very well and I would recommend this to any fan of the originals.

Mmmh... intriguing... :)

I watched her last night cut. I had a lovely surprise with its MoT. This version replace MoS and BvS for me completlelly. If in the original version Superman was a strange and angry alien, in Mot we saw the hero rises. Congratulations for your great work.

@"Mike Crate" , @"Adabisi" , and @"Xá" -- glad to hear you enjoyed Man of Tomorrow!

I've been getting a lot of requests for 5.1 audio and a higher bitrate, so I'll work on getting that to .info soon.  My project is already 1080p and mixed for 5.1, I just haven't released any versions beyond 720p/Stereo yet.

It will most likely be a higher bitrate .mp4 file with an AC3 surround sound track in addition to the stereo track.

Thanks again, everyone!

-J

jobwillins said:
My project is already 1080p and mixed for 5.1, I just haven't released any versions beyond 720p/Stereo yet.

It will most likely be a higher bitrate .mp4 file with an AC3 surround sound track in addition to the stereo track.

Next time, release the final version once. You've already released 2 versions of this edit and now you're telling us that what we expected was your final version was actually an inferior version and an improved one is coming, again.

Most people who read about your edit aren't going to watch it. But for those that do, make sure you're giving them your best. Because if you don't, they aren't going to bother with your 2nd, 3rd or 20th "improved" versions.

Adabisi said:
Next time, release the final version once. You've already released 2 versions of this edit and now you're telling us that what we expected was your final version was actually an inferior version and an improved one is coming, again.

Most people who read about your edit aren't going to watch it. But for those that do, make sure you're giving them your best. Because if you don't, they aren't going to bother with your 2nd, 3rd or 20th "improved" versions.

Sorry if I've somehow offended you, @"Adabisi"

I released Man of Tomorrow in 720p with Stereo audio because that's how it was delivered on Vimeo and that's how I've released all of my previous edits.  I had no intention when it was released of providing a different version.  I've received a lot of requests for both higher and lower bitrates, and also a lot of requests for 5.1 audio.  I can't please everyone, but I'll do my best to accommodate requests.  
Since I can't go back in time and put 5.1 audio on my initial release, the best I can do is work on making it available to those who want it in a future release.

-J

jobwillins said:
 . . . Since I can't go back in time and put 5.1 audio on my initial release, the best I can do is work on making it available to those who want it in a future release.

-J

I generally prefer 5.1 but I know many editors prefer 2.0.
They - and you - are the ones doing the work, so I don't kvetch.
You are the boss of your own edit, and you can't please everyone.
Someone tells you it really, really, really needs 5.1 DTS, tell em,
"Good idea!  You can do it!"

Just a little update:  The version on .info now includes a 5.1 Surround audio track in addition to the original stereo mix.

Thanks again to everyone who's watched 'Man of Tomorrow' and given their feedback and reviews!

-J

This is one of my new favorite Man of Steel / BvS edits. 

I admit, this version actually gave me some goosebumps with how the final fight of Man of Steel transitioned into the beginning of BvS. The music score made a perfect transition and I am so happy I got to experience that. Of course a big part of that is that I am such a fan of Zimmer's work but the editor did a fantastic job mixing.

While there will always be little things in any fanedit that I wouldn't personally go with, this is still an enjoyable edit does a real good job trying to focus on Superman while removing all stuff I didn't care for in the original Man of Steel. I am excited to show this other friends who would be interested in this edit concept.

Thank you for your time on this one!

charliedouglas said:
I admit, this version actually gave me some goosebumps with how the final fight of Man of Steel transitioned into the beginning of BvS. The music score made a perfect transition and I am so happy I got to experience that.

Thanks, @"charliedouglas" !  Anytime I can trigger goosebumps with editing choices, I'll call that a win. :)

I appreciate you taking the time to watch Man of Tomorrow!

-J

[size=x-small]I think "Truth, Justice and the American Way" would be an interesting the title as it thematically relates to the classic Superman story "[size=medium]What's So Funny About TruthJustice & the American Way?" . [/size][/size]

iJediEditor said:
Watched this the other night. It was FANTASTIC!

Good work.

Thanks, @"iJediEditor" !!  Glad you enjoyed it!

Be sure to vote it FEOTM this month if you find it deserving.

-J

For anyone interested, I've posted a 5 minute sequence from Man of Tomorrow.  It's the main transition between the Man of Steel and Batman V. Superman material:

Thanks again for all the positive feedback!

-J

As per general, it is interesting.  I just can't find myself with the intercutting of Superman deeds, and before that, with how "A Beautiful Lie" fades out before the scene where Superman talks with the general.  Nonetheless, very well done for according it all!

Back
Top Bottom