• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Man of Tomorrow: A Man of Steel and Batman V Superman FanEdit:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved the edit. I was not looking for something more Marvel- or Christopher Reeves-style, and if you are, you will not get it here. What you will get is a masterful integration of MoS and BVS into a coherent and exciting narrative that thunders along and becomes something more than the sum of its parts. What you will get are smart cuts, sharp focus, and real stakes. I am a Snyder fan but was happy to see a much shorter Krypton sequence, the removal of material that was neither needed (e.g. Superman having the Kryptonian codex) nor useful (e.g. Batman's bizarre reasoning that "if we believe there's a ONE percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty") nor convincing (e.g. Pa Kent's decisions). Wonder Woman plays a more low-key role for much of the movie, but it works. There is some toning down of Batman's violence and of the collateral damage in Superman's fights which I do not think was strictly necessary -- e.g. Superman did, in fact, kill Zod in the comics, not every movie 100% follows the comics anyway, as Marvel movies' reinvention of Thanos as a well-intentioned environmentalist shows -- but it still works. It works well. Very, very well. Seriously. This is a brilliant edit.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom