• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Man Of Steel: The Ultimate Kryptonian Cut by samspider3

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
(SPANISH) Saludos. Les escribe samspider3, aunque mejor conocido por mi cuenta de Youtube como SPIDERSAMHULKBLADE. En esta ocasión, como mi primer post en este sitio, les ofrezco uno de los proyectos más grandes en los que he trabajado. Man of Steel: The Kryptonian Cut (El Hombre de Acero: El Corte Kryptoniano)

(ENGLISH) Greetings. Samspider3 here, better known for my youtube account as SPIDERSAMHULKBLADE (movie reviewer). As my first post in this site, I offer you my first movie fan edit of the new Superman movie that i decide to Call Man of Steel: The Kryptonian Cut.

(Spanish) ¿Qué es esto, me preguntarán?

(English) What is this, you ask?

(Spanish) Es mi versión de la película donde corto alrededor de 15 minutos de material que no estuvo del todo bien, (según mi punto de vista claro está), y he modificado algunas escenas para cambiarlas de lugar y acercarlas un poco más a mi "visión" de como pudo haber sido mejor la película, de la cual dejaré el link de descarga al final para que puedan verla.

(English) It's my version of the movie where I cut about 15 minutes that i felt it was not that good (from my point of view of course) and I have modified some scenes to get them closer to my vision of how the movie could have been better, cause I think it was kind of messy. The link to download will be put at the end of the post.

(SPANISH) Por supuesto, yo recomiendo ver la cinta de nuevo para que detallen mejor los cambios que hice, pero sé que a muchos les dará flojera, asi que, He aquí la lista de los cambios:

(English) Of course, I suggest you to watch the film again in order to understand better the changes and cuts I have done, but I know many here will be lazy, so here are the changes:

(Spanish) 1) Cambié los logos de las compañías productoras por las tradicionales (incluyendo el viejo logo de DC comics, porque el nuevo está horrible).

(English) 1) I changed the logos of the developers and companies that produced the film with the traditional logos of Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures (including the old DC comics logo, cause the new one is awful as hell)

(Spanish) 2) Introduje un lindo logo hecho por un fan de la película.

(English) 2) I put a nice logo of Superman made by a fan of the movie.

(Spanish) 3) Recuerdan esos horribles tonos de gris y palidez que tiene la película original? Pues ya no más, puesto que la he modificado para que se vea más colorida, y no tan deprimente como lo que nos mostraron en pantalla.

(English) 3) Remember those horrible grayish tones that had the original movie? Well, not anymore, cause I have modified the tones in order to make the movie look more colorful, and not depressing as the original.

(Spanish) 4) En mi versión, la película inicia con Clark en el barco y salvando la plataforma petrolera. Este cambio lo hice para que ayude un poco al "desarrollo de personajes". Si los espectadores ven y descubren lo mismo que el protagonista, sentirán algo de simpatía por él. En la cinta original no hay capacidad de asombro cuando Clark descubre de donde viene porque ya nos lo habían descrito en el prólogo de la destrucción de Kryptón.

(English) 4) In my version, the movie begins with Clark Kent in the ship and saving the Oil Rig. This change was made in order to help a little bit the "character development". If the watcher sees and discovers the same as the protagonist, he will feel empathy for him. In the original film we cannot feel the same when Clark discovers that he comes from Krypton because we already saw it in the prologue where Krypton explodes.

(Spanish) 5) Cuando Clark pregunta, "¿Que se suponía que debía hacer? ¿Dejarlos morir?", la respuesta de Jónathan Kent (o sea, "tal vez"
space.gif
la he cambiado por un silencio. Esto lo hice porque la respuesta hizo sonar a yónathan como un cabronazo. ¿Que clase de moral es esa?

(English) 5) After Clark saves the bus and asks "what was I supose to do? Leave them die?", Jonathan's answer, "maybe", has been replaced by a silence. I did this because it made sound Jonathan as an asshole. I mean, what kind of morality is that?

(Spanish) 6) En mi versión hay orden cronológico de los flashbacks, así que después de que aquél tipo en el bar provoca a Clark, lo he modificado un poco para mostrar la escena donde siendo un niño, este es provocado por unos matones.

(English) 6) In my version, there is chronological order for the flashbacks. So, after that guy in the bar is teased by Clark, I modified the scene a Little bit in order to show after that a scene where, as a kid, he is teased by some thugs.

(Spanish) 7) Parte del prólogo lo usé en forma de Flashback para la escena donde Clark descubre que viene de Kryptón. Luego de esto, traté de unir el prólogo entero para la escena.

(English) 7) Part of the prologue of Krypton was used in the scene where Clark discovers he comes from Krypton. After this, I tried to put the rest of the prologue for the scene.

(Spanish) 8) Luego de que termina la explicación de su orígen, Clark no se pone el traje. En mi versión, vuelve a villa chica y Luisa investiga su orígen. Mi visión es que Clark se pondrá el traje únicamente cuando el crea que sea necesario.

(English) 8) After the exposition of Clark's Origin is done, Clark doesn't wear the suit. In my version, he comes back to Smallville and Lois does a research of his past. My vision for this is that he will wear the suit only when he thinks is necessary. "When the world is ready".

(Spanish) 9) Luisa y Martha Kent no se conocen nunca. Mi intención es hacer ver esto como si Luisa jamás supiera el nombre de Súperman sino hasta el final.

(English) 9) Lois and Martha Kent never met. My intention is to make it seem as Lois never knew Superman's real name until the end of the movie.

(Spanish) 10) Como Martha y Luisa no se conocen en mi versión, he cortado la línea donde Martha le dice a Clark que Luisa estuvo en la granja.

(English) 10) As Martha and Lois never met in my version, i have cut the line where Martha tells Clark that Lois was in the farm.

(Spanish) 11) La escena del Tornado la modifiqué para que en lugar de que parezca que Clark podía salvar a su padre, pero no lo hizo solo porque este se lo ordenó, parezca que si quería salvarlo, pero el tornado fue más rápido que él. Porque en serio gente, entiendo el concepto de sacrificio, pero es como si una persona se estuviera desangrando y cuando los doctores lo van a ayudar, estos desisten de la idea solo porque el paciente le parece que es doloroso parar la hemorragia y les dice que no lo hagan, y subsecuentemente muere. Lo siento pero eso no pasa así en la vida real, y menos si es tu papá. Tantas formas de representar el concepto de sacrificio, y tenían que tomar la más estúpida.

(English) 11) I modified the Tornado scene to make it seem as Clark was going to save his dad, but the Tornado was faster than him, instead of the original where Clark stops from saving him because his dad didn't want to. I thought it was a really stupid scene. I know the concept of sacrifice and stuff, but this is the dumbest way to show it.

(Spanish) 12) Corté la escena de Perry Wáit suspendiendo a Luisa. O sea, que pedo, la suspende por hacer su trabajo...

(English) 12) I cut the scene where Perry White suspends Lois. I mean, what the fuck, he suspends her for DOING HER JOB?

(Spanish) 13) Luego de que Zod manda el mensaje terrorista y los militares se llevan a Luisa, Clark vuelve a la, entre comillas, "Fortaleza de la Soledad", y se pone el traje.

(English) 13) After Zod sends his Terrorist message and the army takes Lois, Clark returns to the "Fortress of Solitude" and puts on the suit.

(Spanish) 14) La escena del vuelo la modifiqué ligeramente para que se viera mejor. En mi versión, Clark solo saltará, pero no volará como en la versión original, sino que se estrella contra la montaña, se levanta, toma energía del sol e hice énfasis en las palabras de yór el, sobre poner a prueba sus límites. Sin embargo, he tomado algunas partes de la escena donde vuela sin control para que parezca que le falta práctica.

(English) 14) I modified the Flight scene a little bit to make it look more epic. In my version, Clark jumps, but he will not fly in the first try as the original. He crashes into the mountain, gets up, and takes energy from the sun. Here, i made more emphasys on Jor-El words: "You must test your limits". This will make it look like he knows he can jump, but now he will try to do something even better than jumping: Fly. When he concentrates and flies, I took some parts from the original first flight to make it seem he needs practice.

(Spanish) 15) Corté la escena donde Clark pide consejo al sacerdote rándom. No es su amigo ni familiar, no tiene por qué estar diciéndole sus incertidumbres.

(English) 15) I cut the scene where Clark goes to a church to talk to a random priest. He is not his friend or relative, so he should not be telling him his doubts.

(Spanish) 16) Luego de la escena del vuelo, pasamos a la escena donde Clark se entrega abiertamente a los militares.

(English) 16) After the flight scene, we go to the part where Clark surrenders openly to the army.

(Spanish) 17) En mi versión, el término "Súperman" no existe, mucho menos se piensa, y esto quiere decir que he cortado la parte donde preguntan "¿Qué significa la S?" y donde Mencionan el término Súperman por primera vez más avanzado la película.

(English) 17) In my version, the term "Superman" does not exist, and is not even an idea from Lois, so I cut part of the scene where Lois asks "what's the S stand for?" and where the army mentions the name Superman for the first time more advanced in the movie. I thought it was going to sound awesome in the original movie, but at the end sounded stupid.

(Spanish) 18) Cuando Faora llega y se lleva a Súperman, he modificado un poco la escena para que parezca que Luisa quiere acompañarlo a la nave voluntariamente, y no porque "Zod la quiere en la nave". Porque en serio gente, ¿Para qué la quería si apenas dialogaron? ¿Y por qué precisamente Luisa? ¿Para que tuviera protagonismo?

(English) 18) When Faora arrives and takes Superman, I modified a little bit the scene in order to make it look like Lois wanted to go with Clark as a volunteer, and not because "Zod wanted her in the ship". Seriously, why did he want her if they barely talked? And why precisely Lois? To give her protagonism? Stupid plot device.

(Spanish) 19) Cuando Súperman salva a Luisa, he cortado la parte donde Luisa se disculpa con él porque ellos leyeron en su mente. Eso nunca se vió que pasara en la película, y tampoco es algo por lo que debería disculparse, porque para empezar ni siquiera reveló información valiosa o algo así. También he cortado la parte donde Luisa grita el nombre de Clark cuando este se va.

(English) 19) When Superman saves Lois, I cut the part where Lois apoligizes with him because the Kryptonian "read her mind". We never saw that in the film, and it is not something to apologize for. To start, she never gave important information or something like that. Also, i cut the part where Lois yells "Clark" when he leaves.

(Spanish) 20) He cortado la línea de Martha donde le dice a Zod que se vaya al infierno. La encontré sumamente estúpida.

(English) 20) I Cut the part where Martha says to Zod "go to hell". I found this line extremely stupid.

(Spanish) 21) Cuando Súperman sale a atacar a Zod por primera vez, he cortado la línea de, crees que puedes amenazar a mi madre?. Lo hice simple y llanamente porque también me suena tonto. Además, no hay suficiente desarrollo en la relación entre Clark y Martha, por lo que la línea pierde potencia y también queda algo fuera de lugar.

(English) 21) When Superman attacks Zod the first time, I cut the line of "You think you can threaten my mother?". I did it because i think there wasn't too much development between him his mother. It sounds silly considering the fact that it has not impact in the scene.

(Spanish) 22) En mi versión pondré en claro lo siguiente: Destrucción por parte de los malos es positivo. Destrucción por parte de Súperman es negativo. Esto quiere decir que he modificado un poquitito la pelea del pueblito para que parezca que Superman no es parte de la destrucción (He dejado lo mejor de la escena, no se preocupen).

(English) 22) In my version, Destruction made by the bad guys is positive. Destruction made by Superman is negative. This means that I modified a little bit the fight in Smallville in order to make it look as Superman is not part of the destruction. I left the best of the scene, don't worry.

(Spanish) 23) Durante el proceso de terraformación de la tierra, he cortado todas las escenas posibles de las choco Aventuras de Perry Wáit y sus increíblemente planos amigos. Se me haría emocional la escena donde Perry salva a su amiga...SI SUPIERA QUIEN ES EN PRIMER LUGAR.

(English) 23) During the terraforming scene, I Cut all the possible scenes of "The Adventures of Perry White and his incredibly bland friends". It could be a very emotional scene where Perry tries to save her friend... IF I KNEW WHO SHE IS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

(Spanish) 24) He cortado la parte donde Clark dice, "Kryptón ya tuvo su oportunidad", cuando Zod le advierte que si destruía la nave, también destruiría Kryptón. Esta linea fue removida porque hace ver a Súperman como un cabronazo. Se supone que él es el encargado de seguir el legado de Kryptón en primer lugar.

(English) 24) I cut the part where Clark says to Zod "Krypton had it's chance", when he warns him that if he destroys the ship, he destroys Krypton. I did this change cause I thought this made sound Clark as an asshole. It is him who is suppose to carry on the Krypton's Legacy in the first place.

(Spanish) 25) La escena del Beso de Clark y Luisa fue removido. No hubo suficiente química o relación entre ellos como para que se estén dando besitos.

(English) 25) The Kiss scene was removed. There was not enough romance o relationship between them to kiss already.

(Spanish) 26) Durante la batalla final, corté la escena donde Zod destruye un edificio con los rayos de sus ojos. ¿No que ya había dominado sus poderes? Como que van y vienen cuando a la historia le interesa. Además, corté la parte donde Clark estrella a Zod contra un edificio de cristal. Como dije, Destrucción por parte de los malos es positivo, pero destrucción por parte de Súperman no.

(English) 26) During the final battle, i Cut the scene where Zod destroys a building with his ray vision. He acts as he doesn't control his powers, even when there was a scene before where he obviously has controled his powers. Also, I cut the part where Clark crashes Zod into a glass building. As I said, destruction by bad guys, good. Destruction by Superman, not.

(Spanish) 27) La controversial muerte de Zod la he modificado para que parezca que su rayo iba a mayor velocidad, impidiendo que la gente tenga oportunidad de reaccionar y escapar, en lugar de hacerlo ver como que su rayo iba a paso de caracol y que las personas se arrinconan como idiotas y olvidando que tienen piernas para salir corriendo.

(English) 27) The controversial Zod's Death. I have modified it a bit to make it look as his ray was moving very fast, stoping people to react and run, instead of the original where it looks like his ray speed was the same one of a snail and that the family was not moving in the corner like idiots, forgetting that they have legs.

(Spanish) 28) No hay grito después de matar a Zod.

(English) 28) No scream by Superman. I thought it was over the top.

(Spanish) 29) La escena donde Clark destruye el satélite de los militares que intentan descubrir donde vive fue cortada. Esta escena hace ver a Súperman, a parte de más destructivo de lo que ya había sido, como un gringo muy patriota. Además, mató a Zod en una escena triste, donde nunca había matado personalmente a alguien, ¿y luego pasamos a una escena donde se supone que nos tenemos que reir? ¿Y encima resaltar que Súperman es americano?

(English) 29) I cut the scene where Superman destroys the army new sattelite to find where is he going. This scene makes seems Superman as a too patriotic dude. I mean, he killed Zod in a sad scene, and then we pass to a scene where are we supposed to laugh? and to point out that Superman is american?

(Spanish) 30) Luego de la escena con Zod, pasamos a una escena más tranquila: Clark y Martha visitando la tumba de yónathan (el último flashback lo dejé ahí porque creo que se ve bien, no necesita ser reordenado).

(English) 30) After Zod's Death, we go to the scene where Clark and Martha visit Jonathan's tomb.

(Spanish) 31) Esto es lo último: Usé las lineas de yor-El donde dice, "les ayudarás a crear maravillas con el tiempo", para cerrar la película.

(English) 31) Last change. I used the lines of Jor-El where he says "You will help them acomplish wonders in time" to close the movie

(Spanish) 32) Bonus: Eliminé el logo que aparece en los créditos porque ya había puesto uno al principio.

(English) 32) Bonus: I cut out the logo that appears in the credits cause i already put one at the beginning.

(Spanish) Estos han sido todos los cambios y espero que en serio disfruten de mi reedición. Me tomó alrededor de 4 semanas llevar a cabo este proyecto. Compártanlo con sus amigos, comenten y propáguenlo, puesto que me gustaría que llegara a más personas.

(English) These are all the changes I made. I hope you enjoy my fan edit. It took me like 4 weeks to finish this project. Share it with Friends and comment

(Here is the Link)
Aquí el link de descarga:

***Link Removed***

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome.

First, please read the rules. The most important one: no download links.

Second, if your edit is complete (apologies but I tend to skip text walls), you can submit it here:
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/content.php?577-First-Time-Submission

For now, I have moved your thread to In-The-Works. As a first time editor here, you cannot post True Fanedit threads until your first edit is approved.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow. Absolutely brilliant the way you went about with the changes! Its almost as if you read my mind. Man of Steel is a movie that had massive potential, but turned out to be a generic sci-fi flick with over-use of CGI and practically no character development.
I agree with all the changes you decided to make, maybe except for you cutting out the 'you think you can threaten my mother' line. I believe it shows the bond between Martha and Clark, and the strong affection and fear Clark has of losing her, since he could not help but watch Jonathon die.
But hey, if your edit finds other ways to compensate for that, its cool.
I would love to see this edit first hand and If there is anything you need, any help at all, you can always contact me.
Good luck with it!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mucho gusto, me llamo Bradley. I'm hornier than Ron Jeremy.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Mucho gusto, me llamo Bradley. I'm hornier than Ron Jeremy.

It's always a good time for a Sublime lyric quote, right? :)

I think the OP's approach of interleaving English and Spanish was a well-intentioned mistake - I soeak both and it was irritating to read like that, so god knows what someone who doesn't speak both will make of it. In saying that, the changes mostly sound pretty good - if I end up getting MOS on DVD i'd definitely check this out.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like most of the suggested changes, except 17, 21, 24 and 28, which I would leave like in the original.

And these are changes I would do on top of yours:

Cut out this awful last scene where they show clark kent as a boy wearing something like a cape.

And cutting out about a quarter or third of the action: I was bored by most of it.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there. I'm glad to know you like the changes, and I want all of you to watch the movie. But I have some questions about this site because i'm kinda new. Can I contact you by email, facebook or something?

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can I get a PM of a way to download it? I would love to review and leave feedback.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
NewSpock said:
I like most of the suggested changes, except 17, 21, 24 and 28, which I would leave like in the original.

And these are changes I would do on top of yours:

Cut out this awful last scene where they show clark kent as a boy wearing something like a cape.

And cutting out about a quarter or third of the action: I was bored by most of it.

Then you sir need to do one ... because depending on how much of the end fight you are looking to cut ... we agree on everything.

I would also like to see the part of Lois screaming from the pod cut when teh pod is falling. The CGI there an premise are just terrible.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there. Yes, i could do that. But first, let me discover how to send a message, or PM, because i'm a noob in this site.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Sam. On the top bar of the website, it has your name and a 'welcome' message. Click on 'Notifications', then click on 'inbox' from the drop-down menu. That is the easiest way to get to your inbox, (for me it is). Then in the left hand side of the site there is a pane labelled 'My Messages'. Click 'Send a New Message'. Then you type in (or copy the fan editor's username, if there are too many complicated characters) and type in your message. Click submit!
Once you get a reply, your notifications icon on the top of the site will be green with a number to show how many messages you have received. Click on it again to go to your inbox.
Hope this helps!

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Or even faster, click on the person's username and click "private message" in the popup.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh. Well. That too. *Takes note.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks samspider3,

I don't think perfect, but a great start! Awesome to see that as we expected the movie IS better with the krypton scene moved to the center. I also surprisingly did like the removal of the scream at the end, worked well.

I did not like the moving of when he comes out with his suit, I found that confusing. I would stick to the original cut of that happening after it is introduced or at least before he comes back to Smallville, the cut to Lois on the investigation was real harsh.

Technically, not bad. I noticed a few sound flaws in the krypton moved scenes. There were a few sound pops during the smallville scene as well.

Wish the subs were not hard coded! I also wish it was in HD, it is Superman.

(also .... I still hate that coupel of seconds that shows lois in the pod with it burning. Everytime it is played, a superman fan dies.)

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
revel911 said:
Then you sir need to do one ... because depending on how much of the end fight you are looking to cut ... we agree on everything.

I would also like to see the part of Lois screaming from the pod cut when teh pod is falling. The CGI there an premise are just terrible.

I wish I could, but for the foreseeable future I'm bound editing the Buffy TV show into movies.

But I'm looking forward to any edits trying to improve "Man of steel" because I think there is a good movie in there that just needs some love to come out.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for watching!. Really Apreciate this. The sound problems are because my editor, somehow, cuts the audio of the movie, i don't know why. And my intention since the beginning was to make this HD, but unfortunately, my editor always crashed when i wanted to render the movie.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, Samspider3! I just watched this edit and I can say it is great. Technically there are some issues but they are passable. The edit itself though I thought was great.

By the way, I have done a cover art for your edit:

ManofSteelTheKryptonianCut_zpscd6d4480.jpg

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, long time i haven't posted here. This project was changed a little bit into an upgraded version. My first change is that it will be called The Ultimate Kryptonian Cut. Second, I removed some stuff more to make my vision of the movie a little bit more loyal. Though, the base is more or less the same than the one I shared with you, the new changes are:

1) Cut the part where Clark destroys the truck.
2) Cut the prologue in Krypton as much as possible to make it seem more as a flashback. Also, some lines were cut to avoind redundancy.
3) Added the scene where Perry suspends Lois to help my transition, but cut a little bit to not have continuity errors with...
4) Lois not searching for Clark's past and she does not know anything about him until the end of the movie.
5) Some action sequences were trimmed to not make them noisy and win an heroic feel instead of chaotic.
6) The colours were changed a little bit in order to make them more alive when characters are in places were there is a lot of sun, or fire is present. Places with poor lightning have no changes. Remain the same. This was changed a little bit since the original result transformed my original cut into a more washed out image.

Overall, 20 minutes were cut. The lenght is 1 hour and 59 minutes.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved back to ITW.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points