• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Man of Steel: Remastered - An Agent 9 FanEdit

Lovely poster and that title design is really slick :) (There are two Ls in Russell though).

hey, A9—noss poster and cover.

a few obs:

noticed that the runtime on the blu-ray cover is 131 min (but the fanedit is 109 min), and the release date is 2013.
and would it be better to remove UPC bar codes from fanedit covers?
lastly, there seems to be some (not major) vertical compression on the poster. . . it's most noticeable on supaman's face.

all that aside, congrats on finishing, man!

ssj said:
hey, A9—noss poster and cover.

a few obs:

noticed that the runtime on the blu-ray cover is 131 min (but the fanedit is 109 min), and the release date is 2013.
and would it be better to remove UPC bar codes from fanedit covers?
lastly, there seems to be some (not major) vertical compression on the poster. . . it's most noticeable on supaman's face.

all that aside, congrats on finishing, man!

The poster: - Ya I noticed after I posted it... I will try to fix that... I literally did nothing to it, but re-color it a bit so the pic I DL'd was already like this I really didn't pay that much attention I guess...

The Covers: Wow Thanks... This was something I knew already from when I did them before - but I never corrected and ment to change before I released them, guess I just forgot... Working on fixing that now..

thanks for pointing this all out... I appreciate it..

-A9

Ok so I hope I fixed everything...Tried to fix the distortion on the Poster and I updated all the Covers..
Here's everything... Sorry about that, I've learned not to post really late at night before I go to bed - make sure everything is done!! LOL..

Here's a little something for fun everyone. Just a few things I didn't get around to finishing, so I at least thought I'd share the idea of it, even though its no where near completed.

MAN OF STEEL: REMASTERED - DELETED SCENES

That is very cool.

Hope you decide to finish it.

Remember there are no time deadlines. :) Maybe once the official first season is released on dvd next year, you will revisit this edit.
Plus there there might be more material to work with once Superman V. Batman is released for a version two.

Agent9 said:
Here's a little something for fun everyone. Just a few things I didn't get around to finishing, so I at least thought I'd share the idea of it, even though its no where near completed.

MAN OF STEEL: REMASTERED - DELETED SCENES

How did you do this? Did you pay these actors and organize a shooting-day to do this? That's scary.:)

bionicbob said:
That is very cool.

Hope you decide to finish it.

Remember there are no time deadlines. :) Maybe once the official first season is released on dvd next year, you will revisit this edit.
Plus there there might be more material to work with once Superman V. Batman is released for a version two.

Unfortunetly, it has to do with me needing my drive space and such for my own
actual paying work..
So I had to finish this up to make room for projects that are about to
hit my computer. :)

But I'll be backing all this up - so yes maybe someday I can come back to it.

-A9

I've been silently following this one for a while, and I absolutely cannot wait to watch it. Congrats on finishing!

spence said:
I've been silently following this one for a while, and I absolutely cannot wait to watch it. Congrats on finishing!

Thanks Spence..

NewSpock said:
How did you do this? Did you pay these actors and organize a shooting-day to do this? That's scary.:)

Oh, there is a new Supergirl TV show, went under my radar, sorry for the confusion.

Congratulations on finishing A9! Really looking forward to watching this edit.

Ollie W said:
Congratulations on finishing A9! Really looking forward to watching this edit.

Thanks Ollie..

Yay! Can't wait to watch this! Will leave a review

DEAN CAIN IS THE FATHER?! Daaaamn!! I'm definitely buying this show :D

Great work [MENTION=23904]Agent9[/MENTION], I would have kept that in! The bookend is a bit on-the-nose, but the deleted scene with Kara in the middle of the film was great :) I'd fit right in with Kal-El finding the other open pod. Still don't know why they shot that if they weren't going to use it... comic book tie-in, my @$$! :(

Yes, there is a Supergirl tv show. There is a thread for it as well (oddly the thread seems to be half Supergirl/ half Archie for some reason) http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...ming-to-CBS-quot-Riverdale-quot-coming-to-Fox.

Let's try to keep discussion here on the actual edit or editing work done by Agent9.

Agent9, I thought the music replacement in that video was really good (in the parts where the sound work was complete). Where did you get the source video though? Is the Supergirl pilot officially released yet through proper channels?

I'm about a half hour in and this is really amazing. It's actually hard to see your edits. There's only one awkward moment in the Fortress of Solitude after Jor-El explains the history of Krypton where it jump cuts to when Clark asks Jor-El why he was sent alone. It was slightly jarring.

Also, the bus bridge sequence could use some slight tweaking. I would remove the lines from Pete Ross. They were poorly delivered and contained strange profanity which felt out of place here. Perhaps, instead of using a white flash to differentiate past and present, you may want to use a sound bridge of the bus driving. That will bring the viewer into the scene without needing to use anything more than a hard cut. White flashes feel more of an older TV show way of editing sequences of various timelines.

EDIT: I'd also remove the music when the bus comes out of the water. It's a bit much. However, I love the slight hit when Lana looks over at Clark through when he saves Pete. That works really well.

Otherwise, this edit is excellent. Great work and I hope this mild criticism helps in any way.

After finally watching it all, I have to say very, VERY well done! Editing wise, this is solid, besides the nitpicks mentioned above. This is quite the roller coaster ride.

There may be a little too much music, though. Most notably the Superman theme when Superman takes off after the battle of Smallville at 1:15:33. I know you're using it to hide Zimmer, but maybe something a little more soulful and less the triumphant sting. The conclusion with Zod probably could have used a little less music to have the audience and Clark sit for a moment with the enormity of taking a life.

Don't take this as that I didn't like it because I truly did! The use of the airplane rescue music from Superman Returns with Faora's attack on the military jet near the end was inspired. I was surprised at how much more likable Clark is with the Williams march behind him.

Finally, amazing conclusion. The tiny hint of the glasses was great and all we needed to see. Also, worked really well with the tiny segment from Superman Returns. Great closing shot.

I'll write up a more formal review tomorrow, but on the first viewing, this was a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom