• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Man of Steel Fanedits!

LeonVIII

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently TM2YC Man Of Steel Edit, A Symbol For Hope just won Fanedit Of The Month. A couple of years ago though Agent 9 also won FEOTM for his Man Of Steel: Remastered Edit. I'm hoping to figure out the difference between these edits. Which has more cuts and in which ways. both edits are rescored and recolered. How do they compare ? It's no easy task to turn the dark colors of the movie, vibrant. Does one seem too bright or washed out? Would love to hear peoples thoughts!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LeonVIII said:
Recently TM2YC Man Of Steel Edit, A Symbol For Hope just won Fanedit Of The Month. A couple of years ago though Agent 9 also won FEOTM for his Man Of Steel: Remastered Edit. I'm hoping to figure out the difference between these edits.

Agent9's edit completely replaces the entire score (every note IIRC) with John Williams and adds in a Reeve style title sequence. It's very, very, very good and well worth anybody's time.

LeonVIII

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ill end up watching both of them haha ill come back and update whenever i find the time to that XD just wanted to c has someone else seen both and their thoughts

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen both. They are very different, as TM2YC pointed out. I think I smiled more during Agent9's just because of the score and how it impacted the tone of the movie. TM2YC's is phenomenal. Think of it like this, Agent9 = fanmix and TM2YC = fanfix. If you like what Man of Steel already is, then TM2YC is the best route. If you wished Man of Steel was more like the original Superman, Agent9 is the way to go. Either way, they both are great.

LeonVIII

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you DigiModiFication that's exactly what i was looking for!

raeon237

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need a link to Agent 9's fanedit. I msg'd him on facebook. No answer.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"raeon237" please refrain from requesting links in the forum. This goes against our rules. Please use the Trades and Request subforum to make requests and please make sure to review  the guidelines before doing so.

*Edit* looks like Throw beat me here.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
His cut is what I love about fanedits. He saw a filmmaking flaw, specifically Snyder reusing story arcs between two films, and saw how to correct that. Taking the thematically similar concepts of both films, the aspects touching on the world's reaction to Superman, and merging them to create a stronger narrative is peak fanediting, imo.

I've toiled away at a similar MoS/BvS fanmix, openly inspired by Ideal of Hope and its merging of similar ethos, tentatively entitled The Dark Knight: A Beautiful Lie.

Top Bottom